Limerick GAA, Still Getting Knocked Down

Thing is that bar the Tipp game last year Richies displays have been very good, despite the stick he gets for his ā€˜shapeā€™. Tom Condons have been pretty good too, consistent. Its Hickey that has been the poorest of the Full back line of 2014 but seems undroppable.

Would you concede at least at this stage that Seanie Oā€™Brien, though not a natural corner back, should be given a proper look there? Thought he had a fine game there v Dublin once he settled in, has all the tools needed.

Thereā€™s an argument which is valid that any fullback can be roasted on a particular day outā€¦best example in recent times would be Lar going to town against Hickey in 2010.

Richie was always a lad that has had a great of reading of the gameā€¦but always looked one hand pass away from been completly roasted as he was to our horror last year against Tipp. I donā€™t see a better alternative now though as this stage of the yearā€¦itā€™s too soon yet for English who is his natural successor.

In fairness to Richie, the space in front of him vs Tipp was scandalous, very hard for any fullback to manage when the lads sending the ball in have loads of time and loads of space in front of the fullback line to aim for. That and Callinan was on fire the same day.

2 Likes

No full back would have survived against Callanan in that amount of space with that amount of ball coming in.

1 Like

Look, the amount of ball coming in on Richie and the space Callanan had was a joke. What full back would have done better?..Spaceā€¦ Callananā€¦ballā€¦

One man one ball?

Alot of money coming for the minor footballers playing tonight 11/4 into 2/1.Clare out to 4/9 from 2/7 look backable nowā€¦

We have a few lads on the panel and the camp are very confident of the win tonight if thats any good to you. Young lads are usually blindly confident but it seems to be coming from management more than anything else

1 Like

Itā€™s our best minor panel in years.

I wont back either of them, best of luck to our lads!

Anyone at the minor game??? How strong is the wind???

Very strong apparently.

7/5 nowā€¦point down

Draw.

Point up

2 Likes

Lost by a point I think? they went off 11/10 you could have got Clare at 10/11 from 2/7 some move.

Tipp v Lk in Tipp venue next Wednesday night I think.

Cork beat Tipp by 3pts, 1-14 ~ 1-11

Tipp will batter the shit out of them! any handicap of around -6 or better should be hammered!

Lynch in for Graeme.

Hannon still out?