Limerick GAA, Still Getting Knocked Down

Vultures me bollox.

TJ Ryan needs to be taken out. A minor slap of a car will do. Tipperary are going to give us the hiding of a life time in June,thank fuck Iā€™ll be in France.

2 Likes

Oā€™Mahony had a good game. He was awful man, fuck me, were some of ye even at the game. Like a bunch of monkeys hand passing it out. But the biscuit is taken by Oā€™Brien, a complete bluffer. Balbec, not a pair of nuts in the three of them.

Eamonn Creagan, the main Vulture, has been totally vindicated today.

I went along to the game today not expecting a win, but because I am a supporter, even though I despise that bluffing fool PMU. That second half performance was really abysmal, this tippy tappy shit around our back line is insanity. There were times there when we had fellas with the ball in the backs in space and with time but instead of hit it up the field theyā€™d play a diagonal bandpass to the fella two yards away who then belts it forward when the Waterford defence had time to organise. Hand passing for the sake of it! What I thought of the players:

Quaid - very good. Has come on a lot in last two years to be a great all round keeper. Didnā€™t see the Waterford third goal mind.
Seanie Oā€™Brien - decent but was hauled ashore early to be a scapegoat. Was the easy choice for PMU to take him off.
Richie - Roasted. Chaos every time they lumped the ball in. Came out of the backs a few times on surging runs and got dispossessed.
English - OK but made a bad mistake when hooked by the side line in the second half when slow to get his clearance away amidst much sarcastic cheers from the Waterford fans. Summed up our day.
Paudie Oā€™B - Awful again. Not up to this level. Again.
Byrnes - One of our best players. Inspirational at times.
Ronan Lynch - not a good day for him. Never much got into it and made a terrible mistake in second half when ponderous and losing possession close to goal but luckily for him it didnā€™t lead to a goal.
Oā€™Mahony - poor.
Browne - a bad day.
Jim Bob - battled away as usual.
Hegarty - hit the ball once in the first half as I recall. Unbelievable he was left stroll around the 40 for so long before being taken off.
Cian Lynch - didnā€™t puck a ball and his ongoing poor form is a big concern now. He has been poor throughout the league. Something is amiss here as he looks disinterested almost.
Morrissey - probably our best player. Great work rate, tough bit of stuff and tapped over a few points from play.
Nash - good. Scored one amazing point in second half where he won his own ball in the air, turned and struck it over off his left.
Downed - anonymous. Didnā€™t hardly hit a ball.

Sideline - A shambles. Stood still like statues and Davy Clarke with the Hurley in his hand throughout as usual. Is he hoping to come on or something? Said it all when Tom Condon of all people was brought on and was seen in the half forward line and then full forward position. Now Mr Ryan, can you please fuck off and resign you lickspittle for an ego of a cunt.

5 Likes

Nothing good at all to be taken out of today bar the imminent removal of TJ and co.

I really fear for us in June against Tipp or Cork. We left at halftime in the Clare-KK match couldnā€™t watch anymore of it the gulf in class was too sickening.

1 Like

At half time I had mixed feelingsā€¦ I thought we were working the ball well up to half way then ran out of ideas but some lovely long range scores and pressure up top from Nash and Morrissey had us aheadā€¦ then when Waterford went up one gear we were blown away. The backs gave ball after ball away trying to play it short or we just ran into troubleā€¦ Cregan is right, it must be awful to play on Limerickā€™s inside line, absolutely starved of ball.

Oā€™Mahony was destroyed by brick. Lynch and paudie Oā€™Brien were no help.

Seanie Oā€™Brien took dunford out of the game but was first to get the curly finger.

At haltime I was foolishly happy enoughā€¦Morrissey and Nash were going fairly well, but Waterford got 1-5 without reply at the start of the 2nd half and we had no answer to it at all.

I donā€™t want to name players but Iā€™ve never seen as bad a performance as what Cian Lynch gave today considering the talent he has.

You could write up a thesis on were we went wrong today but the common denominater is the management team.

Another year completly wastedā€¦County Board need to be looked at. Itā€™s not good enough.

The fact is we have failed to win every single important league and championship game under this management team since 2014 (bar beating Tipp in Mordor that year). Beating a woeful Wexford in 2014 and a mediocre Dublin team two weeks back doesnā€™t really count.

They have no vision or game plan. Just go out and hurl and hope for the best. The frustrating thing is that weā€™ve the bones of a competitive side who are just managed abysmally. Iā€™m sure everyone involved in the setup is doing their best but at this level you get shown up fairly brutally if you donā€™t cut it. Having a go at the vultures ffs after beating a Dublin team with mutiny on its hands in a league quarterfinal - save your fire and have a cut after winning a Munster title or AI title.

Clare had a disastrous 2015 and responded by getting in Cusack and Kinnerk.

We had a disastrous 2015 and responded by getting in Don Flynn, who made a balls of the intermediate Munster final last year and who managed Croagh/Kilfinny u21ā€™s for a year about a decade ago.

Itā€™s April and the year is gone already. Thereā€™ll be a spirited effort on June 19th but you need a lot more than that to be successful at this level. Gutted for the likes of Nickie Quaid who put their heart and soul in to this.

What an absolute shambles Limerick GAA is. Rotten from top to bottom.

Iā€™m depressed after that today and off to the Bressie thread for some tips to pick myself up.

6 Likes

At least the all y can eat Indian across the road from Bowes gave me some comfort. That whole management team need to be given pistols and a bottle of vodka.
A fucking disgrace

Do you honestly think they hurled for TJ out there today?. Did they fuck. Conceded three goals to a team that couldnā€™t buy one all through the league. He needs to be gone by tomorrow evening

Lads would ye all relax. Kilkenny were beaten by more at half time FFS.

Waterford scored goals last year and were without their best forward today

They didnt even do that dodgy! I mean even a dreadfully prepared team could just go out with 6 forwards and flake the ball up to them. We didnt even do that! Im at loss as to what exactly they do it training. I mean even at our worst we were always a ā€œgive it a lash teamā€ we didnt even do that today. Quaid, Nash and Morrisey apart the rest of them should be fucking embarrassed by that second half display. The only consolation from that is no possible way Tj can continue past this season at the very lastest. He should be gone in the morning. How the fuck that team gather themselves after that shit.

3 Likes

Jaysus that was a woeful second half, the mistakes and errors we made were comical at times a shitload of unforced errors and wayward hand passes and clearances.John Fitzgibbon coming on summed it all up for us today.Gavin was terrible he was at fault for the two goals coming down his wing 2 lads going for same ball and a Waterford man waltzes clean through! Lynch no interest, Byrnes and Morrisey did ok,midfield cleaned second half (Alan Dempsey not on the match day panel??) Fuck off TJ please Iā€™m goin back to the pints drown the sorrows.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not criticising Waterford. They upped a gear in the second half and were totally the better team

Ger Lock the great man was on the ball.

TJ will be back lip licking and slobbering in a Sunday game interview after ye bate tipp about the vultures on TFK

I know that - I was making the point that fair enough we havnt scored goals in the league but there is goals in this team in the hard ground and open spaces