Limerick GAA, Still Getting Knocked Down

Read the initial post again mate. I’ll be reporting live and exclusively from the bear pit that is Croagh GAA grounds.

1 Like

Initially it was meant to be on at 2pm but it was put back to 7pm for some reason. Terrible time for it. Should draw a big crowd all the same.

And into “Pat Whale-ins” for a feed of pints after, lovely stuff. A couple of top top posters could be there, as one yourself you would be welcome :thumbsup:

1 Like

Agreed it still should be a good atmosphere as well in a tight ground. 7’s a cunt of time of a Sunday night especially.

I was out in NCW for the Pats - Ballylanders county final couple yrs back and was impressed to be fair.

No top top posters drink in Newcastle west.

1 Like

:rollseyes:

NCW a fine spot for pints. 3 or 4 great GAA pubs with unreal heineken and porter. You’ll never know where TTPs drink mate…

It’s a hell hole.

Is Cronin’s still open, Tally Ho I remember and the Bridge I think.

Great spot back in the early 00’s…always dog rough though.

Coolio’s was unreal back in the day.

1 Like

Dog rough is an understatement.

Tally Ho gone a good few years. Cronins going strong but not gone on it. Bridge up for lease.

Serious pints in Pat Whelans, The Corner House, Jimmy Lees and The Shamrock. Always good craic and GAA chat in there. Don’t find it too bad for it being rough, no worse than anywhere else like.

You know nothing about it mate, I doubt you were ever out there bar the few teenage discos ffs…

1 Like

Whispers nightclub was great craic as well when Coolios went bust…only went back there a few times though.

Used to get a great crowd from all over Limerick in those years due to the bouncers not giving a fuck. Great women back there that time too.

1 Like

Dont worry mate, they serve longneck baby bottles of ritz or wkd aswell for you ffs :rollseyes:

Coolio’s :smile: :smile:

That’s a blast from the past. Heading back to the disco and getting collected by your parents at 2am. A time before mobile phones were in vogue. Getting pissed on two pints. Good times.

1 Like

I drank in the bridge a few times. There was a night club called fireworks and then another one the following summer. The name escapes me. Cronins was the spot before you went to the night club. I never had any trouble but there used to be always a pile of fights. Always found the locals dog rough too. Hate the cunts.

Sunday nights in Whispers were brilliant craic alright, anything goes atmosphere! Was never gone on Coolios tbh.

1 Like

I drink Guinness you clown.

Only a roaster would drink pints of Heineken FFS

1 Like

We used to get a mini-bus out there…it was unreal craic…I’d love to be that age again…drunk for 25 pounds all including admission fee, bus and 3 or 4 pints and a shot :smile: