Limerick GAA, Still Getting Knocked Down

I was split open with a cricket bat in Tipp and walked straight into the Royal, blood and all rolling down me forehead.

Is young Jack Banks still playing?
Edit.
Is his auld lad, Willy, still involved with camogie?

Your whites must have been destroyed pal.

Fuck knows, I drank my way through it…bust my ankle the following night and was a right state that Monday in St Johns with the big gash on the head and a busted ankle. Great days.

Did you not pay for cans in the local centra mate? :smile:[quote=“ChocolateMice, post:7168, topic:20931, full:true”]
I was split open with a cricket bat in Tipp and walked straight into the Royal, blood and all rolling down me forehead.
[/quote]

Nah…taking a piss up an alley and a few locals must have smelled the Limerick from my urine and started…took 3 of them… I hit one a good smack and had hold of the other when the third hoor planted me a smacker with the bat. I walked into the pub I had been in like I had been in a shower of blood…the whole place erupted.

The Tatch by Oola.

:sweat_smile:

The cricket bat came into my head as there’s a shop around the corner from me with a load of Pakistan lads in it…and they’ve the bats behind the counter.

If they were Tipp natives that’s a strange one mate :smile:

Tipp town is a serious cunt hole.

1 Like

I’ve never been there, but isn’t the Thatch in Emly?

You’re right, it’s in Emly… I went a few times when I was out Pallasgrean way drinking.

A town time forgot kid…one of the worst places in this country on a par with Buttevant, probably worse even.

1 Like

I’m spelling Emly wrong I’d reckon, never been there thank god. Worked with people from there over the years supposed be an awful place as well.

Once you’re over the border into mordor you’re fucked if you’re drunk.

1 Like
  1. Yes. 2. Not sure. Isn’t he part of Joe Quaid’s backroom team in Kildare these days?

No it’s Emly…the whole of Tipp is a dreadful place, pal.

1 Like

I actually like Thurles for a league or championship match.

100% otherwise.

You’d want to be fair desperate for a late drink to go to The Bulge (Bulgaden). Used to walk home from it along the railway track back into town. Much safer than getting wiped out by a car on those bends.

1 Like

At least you were able to fit in with the locals then.

The Golden Thatch

Your spelling is correct.

1 Like