Limerick GAA, Still Getting Knocked Down

You were posting shite 24/7. You know fucking well you were.

That’s a great synopsis of @carryharry he definitely won’t be ever caught on a sinking ship as he’ll always be one of the first to jump.

14 man Glenroe prevail by three points against Knockaderry in a war of attrition.

Their centre forward was sent off on a second yellow towards the end of the first half. A few more from either side were lucky not to join him as the game threatened to boil over on a few occasions.

Settled down a bit after the break but glenroe always had their noses in front. The men from the west had a glorious goal chance late on to snatch a draw but the ball flew agonisingly wide.

Stephen Walsh is still good enough to be on the senior panel.

3 Likes

He’d be happier if you felt he was good enough to make the team i reckon.

Are Blackrock out tonight?

Walsh has always been a good hurler, in fairness. I think the thing with him is that at intercounty level, he’s a good player to have but he’s not standout. At corner-back, he’s fine, but the likes of Hickey & Condon were always had more standout attributes, and now the likes of Casey, English and Finn have a lot of potential. Is it worth the bother of killing yourself all year? Plays midfield for Glenroe but he’s not better than our main options there either, and at wing-back, probably not good enough in the year.

I like him though, good servant.

2 Likes

Are you going through some e-life crisis, pal? You’ve been very ratty lately. It’s unbecoming of you.

If you are not having pops at @anon32894817 you are throwing out sarky little comments.

Not at all, but we’ve all seen lads who play free hurling on the club scene but never reach the heights in County jersey’s. I just think a chap who’s been on the panel before would never see the bench in the hope of game time as tempting at all.

In fairness Har mate, In limerick anyway we often see big named inter-county hurlers under-perform in club games.

Not standing out would be a better turn of phrase.

The lad retired of his own free will. I don’t begrudge him deciding to step away from the slog that being a member of an intercounty panel entails.

I was merely pointing out that he would be more than able to hold his own on the panel now. He was the best player on the pitch tonight - comfortably. Yes I know it’s the third grade of club hurling in the county…

1 Like

Not merely a Limerick issue but those lads can raise it for IC games. We all harp on about excellent club players but most of the time these lads never prove their worth when the chance comes around.

1 Like

Was McCarthy out field or in goals?

He wasn’t in goals anyway.

1 Like

This is senior hurling

Fuck off out of this thread you Gowthonker. Fuck off from tagging or replying to me and fuck off in general, you fucking fool.

2 Likes

Was Tom condon any use? Would they have much else other than him?

Fine with me why the attitude

Lay off @Joe_Player

1 Like

@Elvis_Brandenberg_Kr is fine until Fuck him up

Is that the best you can do after getting a few clips? For fuck’s sake…