Limerick GAA, Still Getting Knocked Down

What’s wrong with English?

Did I hear they beat Tipp in a challenge recently? Also some other team whose name escapes me at the moment. Limerick footballers would still fancy themselves against Clare anyway you’d imagine.

For the hurling, Tipp are a team I actually would play a sweeper against, but not if we haven’t a fucking notion how to actually do it. But our backs are generally too loose and in a loose game, Tipp will outscore us. The other option would be to drop our centre-back a bit deeper to stop them running through us and just make it a battle out around the middle.

I don’t see it despite Tipp not being great. It would take a performance we haven’t seen from this team since 2014.

Murder over the ref playing a bit of injury time and costing Limericks finest a chance of a replay in the Munster camogie final.

At least have cork have gone and given Teege a lesson in how not to play a sweeper.

I think he knew already how to do that.
Tipp are a lot better than people think IMO. Limerick have their work cut out for them. Can’t double mark the big man without leaving another dangerous forward free.

The Final of Munster is Sunday Week @Fagan_ODowd knows and i know

1 Like

You know fuck all.

1 Like

Cork never double marked him though. Neither did they play a sweeper in front of Callanan and/or bubbles to cut out balls.

What happened?

Niamh Mulcahy scored an equalising point on the stroke of full time, ref played 8 minutes injury time in a half that was without incident, Cork scored 2 points but the first was after 35 minutes, here’s the poor ref

What did Clare beat us by in the football league? -2 seems generous at first look i must say. Is it on in Ennis?

4 ptds puck of a ball

Two pucks of a ball actually, Joe. And in this case two punts of a ball.

It’s on in Limerick , on the bare bones of the league form -2 looks generous. But limerick have been going well in recent challenges by all accounts. Gave Waterford a nice trimming last week.

Option 2. Centre back plays deep. If we leave padraic maher completely free in his own half back line we may aswell turn around in newport and spare ourselves the hassle

Wouldn’t we have the option of having someone on maher as well?

Thats what im saying. A sweeper general means 5 forwards. I dont want us to do that. Centre back plays deep and if centre forward want to roam around then be sure players in the middle 3rd are aware of it

1 Like

Limerick will not play a sweeper against Tipperary. There will however be at least one, if not two, high-profile players not selected to start.

P.S. To all the doubters who reckoned they knew better, I fucking told you that the Limerick v Clare football game would be at 2pm in the Gaelic Grounds next Sunday!!!

2 Likes

Limerick need a quick fast and half forward to run at tipps half forward line. Place two Pacey lads in the corner and isolate hannon on Barry. Our midfield needs to work like horses and cover the half back line. While as pointed out Gavin will have to sit deep to cover space in front of Richie. This tipp are beatable. For as bad as we were last year (much worse than this year) we gifted tipp two goals and were only 5 behind with 20 minutes ago deposits the whole team playing dog shit. There’s one last kick in this Limerick team.