Limerick GAA, Still Getting Knocked Down

Tommy started around 75/76

31 in all. Tommy from 1976-1993, Joe from 1994-2000 & 2002 and Nicky from 2011 to date.

7 Likes

A great Limerick hurling family. 31 years and not an all Ireland amongst the lot of them.

2 Likes

Tommy lee ruled out of the game on Sunday due to a registration fuck up.

You can just picture the scene.
“Spike there’s a form there to sign.”
“What’s it for?”

“Tom Lee is some fella wants to register for the footballers”

“Fuck em. Tis only football”

3 Likes

I read the Leader article. I was sure there were cases of players transferring to play with a club in another county while still playing for their county. Eg. Brian Kavanagh Longford. Think one of the recent Waterford hurlers was playing club in Cork as well?

There are loads of cases sure. Are they saying there isn’t or something?

The article said they intended to transfer him back to Ballylanders and ran into a problem with that (he is living in Raheen). Does not add up

Why were they trying to do that? Makes no sense. He can still play with Limerick even if playing with his club in Galway. Stupid cunts

Exactly. Does not add up

Just read the article there. I can understand why they wouldn’t let him transfer back to Ballylanders (kind of, even though I would have thought the fact he had played with Ballylanders previously meant he wouldn’t need to satisfy the residency rule) but why they were trying to do that in the first place is beyond me.

Something very dubious about this whole affair…

1 Like

I’m not too sure on that. His native county is Galway. He is now registered with a Galway Club. If he was originally from Limerick and transfered to a Galway club then no problem. He dosen’t live or work in the club he is trying to transfer to.

It’s fairly grey but;

A player who transfers from one County to another
County, and within 96 weeks thereafter transfers
back to the former County, shall rejoin the Club of
which he was a member prior to the initial transfer.

There is obviously a whole pile of complicating factors in this case though.

I think that rule was brought in to prevent someone moving club outside “county A” for a year as a way to transfer to a different club within the county A.

Anyway this is all irrelevant with regard to him playing for Limerick which he was perfectly entitled to do, obviously a serious fuck up somewhere along the line

A lad called Lee ruled out due to an administrative cock up! Could only happen in Limerick (or of course Wexford).

Tbh this lad is from Galway, teaching in tipp, living in raheen and playing club football with ballylanders? He doesn’t/shouldn’t be really playing with Limerick. These inter county transfers are becoming more and more common.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

Can you stop ruining this thread with football shite, please?

1 Like

Fighting words from Ian Ryan in the Examiner, about how Limerick are just around the corner from challenging for provincial honours again.

It’s good to be optimistic and everything, but it’s hard to see after what was a disaster of a league. The performance against Westmeath was diabolical and they threw away matches that they could have won.

There are good players coming up through the ranks, but who’s to say they’ll stay committed? Look at all the players who haven’t been available in recent years for various reasons- Hegarty, Collins, O’Brien, O’Carroll, O’Connor, Kelly, Hanrahan, Browne… there are definitely more too. Limerick are not a county who can afford to lose that many players from a panel.

Very good piece actually…it’s a shame all those lads weren’t able to commit. to the cause for one reason or another.