Limerick GAA, Still Getting Knocked Down

Ryan is very committed.

Savagely committedā€¦fairplay to him and the likes of Seanie Buckley etc who refuse to give up.

Has Ryanā€™s inter county career been a bit of a damp squib after that huge performance against Meath all those years ago, at the time it seemed he might become a Declan Browne/ Mattie Forde type smaller county superstar, he doesnā€™t seem to have gotten there, the few times Iā€™ve seen Limerick play heā€™s not stood out too much to me.

I wouldnā€™t no too much about it tbh id imagine the supporting cast arenā€™t the best.

Heā€™s always very tightly marked, when we had Collins in there too, he tended to get a bit more space. He was very good in a couple of Munster finals. And heā€™s always good to kick a big point in a close game tbf to him.

Never had a game as good as that Meath game, but tbf, that was some performance. Very few players have a game like that.

2 Likes

Under 21 hurlers were out last week anybody any idea of the team?

When heā€™s the only threat itā€™s very easy to snuff him out these days.

The couple of standout young forwards that were with him that time, have left the panel.

Hegarty, Borris, Collins from Monaleen plus a few others itā€™s a pity theyā€™re all not available to take on Clare on Sunday. Itā€™s a tough one though.

Lads playing hurling, soccer etcā€¦v hard to combine two nowadays you canā€™t really.

Who was the last player to win a dual provincial championship not to mind an all Ireland at senior level? Conal Keaney or Aiden Walsh ?

That was my original point really I suppose, Browne and Forde always fund a way and they would have been on the receiving end of savage attention.
Do ye think Ryan would be in the first fifteen of many teams outside of Dublin, Kerry and Cork?

Dunno did they have to contend with the defensive systems nowadays. Heā€™d probably be close enough to the Kerry or cork team.

The great JBM Iā€™d sayā€¦ Conal Keaneyā€™s a good shout though.

If he was born in Tarbertā€¦heā€™d be on the current Kerry team. No doubt about that. Defintely be ahead of Traleeā€™s finest BJ Keane lad anyway.

And he wasnā€™t even playing on both panels at any stage.

Iā€™m not sure I get the question, do you mean in the same year?
There was probably dozens of Corkmen to do this after after JBM

No just over their career doubt thereā€™s been too many in the last few years?

Are you from Cork?

SeĆ”n Ɠg Ɠ hAilpĆ­n?

I am boy, why dā€™you ask?

JBM played both codes for years, Teddy Mc has all Irelands in both, as does Denis Walsh, Sean Og never got a football medal, Cadogan, Walsh and Cahalane in recent years, thereā€™s been lots in Cork but not so many in recent years obviously.

Iā€™d say Keaney was last.