Limerick GAA, Still Getting Knocked Down

The way Limerick footballers setup the best forwards in the country would struggle to stand out

2 Likes

In the same year though? Keaney wasn’t with the footballers in 2013?

Kieran’s have won 5/7 croke cups while I believe Kilkenny Cbs have lost two of the last 4 finals. Just shows how important the likes of Brian Ryan and joe Quaid were in the development of the curren under 21 squad.

How many other Kilkenny schools are in the the Leinster A colleges?

No idea I think castlecomer won it a few years ago.

He has had a terrible time with injuries the past 4/5 years.

There’s a misnomer abroad that mahhy Forde was a one man forward line with wexford. I don’t think thar was really the case although he was clearly the best of them.

He was well supported by Hegarty, Barry, Lyng and Banville over the years. With all mentioned excellent at creating space and allowing mahhy to flourish.

Wexford were a decent outfit in the 00s getting to a NFL division 1 final and an all Ireland semi final.

Fuck Limerick.

2 Likes

The night we mugged ye off in Portlaoise was a classic

6 Likes

Probably the best night ever following Limerick GAA for me personally. Better than winning the Munster hurling title in 2013. You had to be a Limerick football fan to appreciate what that win meant. Bedlam at full time.

Even better if that winning point was actually wide.

7 Likes

Some lad who I don’t think I knew, said to me on the pitch afterwards “I bet Sid Waddel loved that”
I think @Sidney had a big gra for Limerick at the time.

1 Like

This is a hurling thread. Thank you .

The radio commentary that night on 95 was emotional, it was a superb occasion I’d say.

It was great fun, a highscoring game as well.
I have a number of photos somewhere from the pitch afterwards, there could be some familiar faces in there.

1 Like

Next round of Senior and Premier Intermediate Championship Games this weekend:

Kilmallock vs Ballybrown (Bruff) Sa 28-May 7:30
Na Piarsaigh vs Bruree (Clarina) Sa 28-May 7:30
Doon vs South Liberties (Caherconlish) Fr 27-May 7:30

Adare vs Murroe Boher (Childers Rd) Su 29-May 7:30
Patrickswell vs Knockainey (Bruff) Su 29-May7:30
Bruff vs Ahane (Childers Rd) Fr 27-May 7:30

Blackrock vs Granagh Ballingarry(Kilmallock) Fr 27-May 7:30
Feohanagh vs Croom (Croagh) Fr 03-Jun 7:30
Cappamore vs Effin (Bruff) Sa 28-May 5:45
Garryspillane vs Monaleen (Caherconlish) Sa 28-May 7:30

Senior Predictions
Kilmallock
Na Piarsaigh
Doon
Adare
Patrickswell
Ahane

I am re-posting from Hoganstand here (Cultec is the poster).

This post, unfortunately, rings true. Limerick never feared Tipp, but we sure do fear Teege at this stage.

…
Reports from Limerick training is 1) sweeper system still being played 2) hegarty at 10… 3) dowling at 14 Downes at 15 and mulcahy at 13… 4) couple of lads being tried at full back but mostly English… Morrissey has been tried there too 5)

Cultec1 (Limerick) - Posts:42 - 26/05/2016 10:46:06 1858763

1. Ronan Lynch will be at 6… 7) gavin o Mahoney to be in midfield 8) Morrissey and nash have been on the opposition teams in games… don’t know what to say to all of that, sweeper system is a joke, he hasn’t learned his lesson there. TJ is plotting his own demise, its more of hope than confidence now

Cultec1 (Limerick) - Posts:42 - 26/05/2016 10:48:31 1858764

Fits with what I was told that Lynch will probably be kept playing as sweeper. At least Dowling is full forward where he should be.

As for the rest of it :fearful:

Interesting ploy to play a sweeper and a three man full forward line

5 Likes

If you did it right it actually might not be a bad way to go about it. Crowd midfield and bypass the oppostion half backline of course there isn’t a hope that is what is planned. If the team lines out as above we’ll be slaughtered

You almost make it sound like they have an idea what they’re doing

But in what was outlined above Lynch at 6 plays sweeper, O’Mahony goes half back, centre forward (probably Ryan) goes midfield, and on reflection Teege will probably move Dowling to wing forward instead of Downes with Downes and Mulcahy the two inside.

I would pay no heed to what’s happening in training anyway. Teege hasn’t a notion what he is going to do

1 Like