Limerick GAA, Still Getting Knocked Down

He has. He’s set on a sweeper. Monkey see monkey do.

#sweepsweep

Sure he might see something else next week.

1 Like

Will ye get it into yer heads that there will be no sweeper against Tipperary!

EDIT - That was meant to be a general reply. Inadvertently replied to @Julio_Geordio

2 Likes

That post is completely wide of the mark. Dan morrissey has been tried at 3 English hasn’t. Players have been missing training due to club games at different stages etc.

The lads on the hoganstand still haven’t got there head around the fact Barry Hennessy started ahead of arron Murphy last year against tipp.

I haven’t seen much of Dan Morrissey but would it be fair to say he wouldn’t solve our pace problems at fullback? Hard to judge him as a fullback from his outings at half but I wasn’t exactly inspired by what I saw.

No he wouldn’t. I’m not reading too much into tbh. It could just be simply he filled in there when McCarthy was playing for black rock. I haven’t heard too much in the last week only the sweeper is gone and the training is going well at the moment. Well give tipp a very good game of it but whether we get the luck like we did in 2014 I doubt it.

Did you get that from a source in the camp? :grin:

Not one of the players. It’s been going a lot better than the lead up to last years championship.

Interesting the difference to how the players describe it

The nap players? No surprises. They have a problem with everything once it is not done there way.

4 Likes

“Precious fuckers” I’ve heard them described as.

1 Like

Galway had the same problem with portuma players it is difficult to create squad atmosphere with a club that is successful like that.

Their. And I never said NaP players.

Don’t mind Glas he’s getting his information through Breeny baby who’s bound to put a negative slant on it

There is no (zero) chance r english will start fb in this game. Even a fluter brain like (sorry tj) wouldnt do it. Richie mc will be fb question is who either side. English/sob/hickey

My team for Mordor on the 19th would be as follows

N Quaid

T Condon R McCarthy R English
W Mac D Brynes G’OMahony
Jimbob

P Browne C Lynch

B Nash K Downes T Morrisey
D Hannon S Dowling

JimBob to sit in around the halfback line as protection for Byrnes…instructions being to whack the ball as fast and as direct as possible into the front 5 at all times.

I know Wayne would’nt be everyones pick ahead of others but, but for sheer physicality if you could get 45 mins out of him I’d start him at 5.

Hickey will start i reackon other place between sob and condon. Gavin to start too Forwards as you have them jimbob and browne midfield

He probably will, but his form since 2014 has been shocking.

Hopefully he has a new pair of boots on if he does…the slipping and falling over last year was disgraceful.

@Bandage-

Quaid
Condon
English
Hickey
Byrnes
O’Mahony
Wayne Mc
James Ryan
Paul Browne
Nash
Hannon