Limerick GAA, Still Getting Knocked Down

Joe is a true hurling man from pure hurling stock, why are you laughing?

I was a critic of him because he was poor with a hard low shot to his right but the last two years he has been seriously rounded. I think he has been the best keeper in the country the last 18 months. Albeit its not a great era for keepers.

Iā€™ve no doubt he is but talk of him as a senior manager is baseless and I havenā€™t heard good reports of his management.

Who said anything about manager?

I would like to think he would be well able for the job and a man I genuinely hope does get a chance take on the job sometime down the line.

Quaid is a serious keeper.

I think the reason people talk about him outfield is that we have a half-back line who are generally poor in the air (Byrnes has added something in this regard), and he is so secure under the high ball. He is also a super hurler, dominating at club level and I thought he was very impressive in a poor team in 2010; he stood out imo and he was only a young fella at the time.

Whether he has the pace/legs for intercounty outfield, I donā€™t know. If you were sure of your replacement, you could move him and I have advocated in the pastā€¦ but Hennessy was poor in that game against Tipp and Quaid is just so so safe.

I donā€™t think thereā€™s a better keeper than him atm, although his puckouts could be better (not all his fault, the movement and general strategy of our puckouts is dogshit).

2 Likes

Agree to disagree

Grand.

Met one of the Limerick players this afternoon. My God but he was bouncing, just looked so tuned in, so focused. People were remarking on it. And so humble and down to earth. Walked into the Post Office and knew what his business was exactly. No getting distracted by special edition stamps or anything like that. It was so so impressive. And he wonā€™t even be starting. Limerick by 10.

5 Likes

No doubt about it. We will obliterate them.

Sounds like he was really sending a message.

4 Likes

Lads Iā€™m not serious quaid playing out field ffs.

Quaid has exceptionally good basics but there is plenty keepers better shot stoppers than him.

That gowl nash is a good shot stopper, dodgy in the air though. Glesson (nicky as good as him, galway keeper up his own hole too) in limerick murry and mcarthy are great stoppers but no way as calm and as safe as nq. Dont think any keeper is as good all round mate

Nash is an average at best shot-stopper.

Nash is only a shaper

2 Likes

Fourth best goalie in Cork.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure if Quaid is to blame or what but Limerick havenā€™t won a long puckout since John Allen was in charge

Our defense is so solid we donā€™t have many puck outs.

1 Like

Youā€™re saying put Hickey up wing forward again?