Limerick GAA, Still Getting Knocked Down

50 odd posts discussing the next limerick hurling manager on the all Ireland hurling thread :grinning:

For what itā€™s worth, Iā€™ve no meas in Quaid, and I think CiarĆ”nā€™s weakness would be getting the right guys around him for S&C and especially as coach, and letting them do their jobs. With the right support around him thereā€™s no one wouldnā€™t back Carey though (except the board).

I think they have a right chance. Little enough between the teams, we beat Antrim in the qualifiers in the GG a couple of years back in what was one of John Galvinā€™s final matches.

Iā€™d imagine Antrim will be favourites so if we are anything better than 11/8 Iā€™ll have a few quid on us.

Where do Antrim play their home matches? (Since casement is out of action)

Whenā€™s it on? There will be at least one of them heading to the states for the summer shortly

The weekend of June 25th. (The weekend after the hurling v Tipp).

Antrim seem to haemorrhage players every year so Iā€™d imagine both sides will be down a few players gone to the States.

Corrigan Park is where they played league games.

Any inhouse challenges for the seniors coming up soon anyone know?

@dodgy_keeper I see weā€™re meeting your boys in the West B League final on Saturday night after they bizarrely got a walkover from Kileedy whoā€™d topped their group to qualify. Any word on what the craic was with that? Did they burn a load of lads or something?

The management are the major in-house challenge at the moment

6 Likes

Fuck it at this stage Iā€™m 100% behind TJ and Co. Since last Sunday my Championship fever has begun, Iā€™m on a slow burn mode but as the 19th approaches spontaneous combustion is not an unrealistic possibility. The hope is rising.

Donā€™t fool yourself pal, we are a rudderless ship and will be doing well to get within six points of them. We havenā€™t played well since August 2014.

Still no idea of who the half backline will be, still zero detailed tactical acumen, lads withdrawing from the squad, key players very poor for their clubs in recent weeks. Hate to say it but I donā€™t think the belief is there deep down in the squad that they can win. Yeah the right noises will be made publicly but when it comes to the crunch with twenty mins to go I donā€™t think the steely resolve, stubbornness and iron will will be there. We had it under Allen, not under this set up.

We never feared Tipp.

Didnā€™t hear pal, Iā€™ll make a phone call tonight and find out.

Our lads will have to keep a close eye on Bomber! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:grin:

He was injured, only came on as a sub for the second half but made the difference.

NCW were well on top of us but they turned pure townie when we starting pegging them back, got all ratty and started giving away stupid frees, let us back into it.
They were sick after it, they were warming up for about twenty minutes before hand while we were counting the numbers coming into the dressing room. They ran out of steam at the end which our management team pointed to as a sign that our complete lack of a warm up was the prudent course of action :sweat_smile:.

4 Likes

Actually I just saw there your lads hockeyed Kileedy in the B championship at the weekend so maybe that counted for both or else Kileedy didnā€™t fancy a second beating so soon.

Not this year, palā€¦ Donā€™t do it to yourself.

TJ going to win his first Munster championship as a manager this year :+1:

Antrim is a balls of an away trip for the footballers. Letā€™s hope they can get over this hurdle though.

The ā€˜Aā€™ team in the training match the other evening :eek:

RamblerCrumbledBouncing will be delighted.

1 Like

Spill the beans

It is obviously Morrissey full back he is going to say. McCarthy will be full back and we have no sweeper either. The lads are in excellent shape also. I expect a win.