Limerick GAA, Still Getting Knocked Down

who is the Prince of Castletroy kid

Talk to me when waterford WIN THE BIG ONE

Iā€™m going to miss talking to you Joe.

1 Like

Only messing bud ye will beat tipp

Ah weā€™ll give em a good rattle, Waterford never feared Tipp.

see ye in the final

2 Likes

Who is this Prince of Castletroy you speak of, Iā€™ll take a PM if thatā€™s how things are done

Getting Breen back will be @Julio_Geordioā€™s number one job when he takes over as joint manager.

Just watched back after listening in Sunday. Fuck sake. In all fairness, if someone said you had a core of decent experienced players from good limerick teams in 2013-2014, and add in the all Ireland u21 champions and all Ireland club champions to choose from, anyone would think youā€™d build a decent team from that.

Not much point in rating players really.
Quaid, why is he seemingly immune from criticism? Iā€™d be starting McCarthy in goals for the Waterford crystal and league next year.
What has happened Hickey I donā€™t know, best corner back in the country two years ago. Not as bad as some are saying but the fall in form is incredible.
Morrissey what can you say, a tough ask, heā€™s not a full back.
English, grand. Not good or anything but what do you expect in that back 6.
Condon, tried but limited.
Gavin, tried, did well, couldnā€™t hold back the tide on his own.
Byrnes, good. Lackadaisical working back or tracking players. Shows how disjointed the backs are and how poor the coaching is.
Browne, never saw him so bad.
Ryan, tried but limited. Seriously, how can Dempsey not get a look in?
Hegarty, actually had a few useful possessions in the first half but it was a stupid selection and played out as such.
Dowling, as Iā€™ve been saying, not a half forward. Tried. Nailed his frees.
Nash, will be a big player for us but it didnā€™t run for him and I donā€™t know why he wasnā€™t taken off sooner.
Mulcahy, looked dangerous. The usual. Probably the best of the ā€œforwardsā€.
Hannon, how Dowling attracts all the criticism and Hannon gets backed Iā€™ll never know. Not a full forward but also doesnā€™t seem to even try. Hasnā€™t actually put in an effort since 2014.
Lynch, good first half, Tipp closed off that space in the second half. Iā€™d say most coaches would love to have him orchestrating attacks.

2 Likes

At this stage we should be moving heaven and earth to get Kiely to agree to take the job next year.

Iā€™d love to see CiarĆ”n get it, he got the 21s job so maybe he is not so much persona non grata as some think. I donā€™t think heā€™d be as professional as Kiely or as good at delegating and getting the best guys around him and that is where he would fall down, what a leader heā€™d be though.

@Big_Dan_Campbell said Daly could be in the running with Alan Cunningham. A lot of animosity for Daly but heā€™d at least have a very professional set up, no club bias and Cunningham is a very good coach. Iā€™d welcome this set up it might be the best we can get.

After that forrget Shane Oā€™Neill and Quaid they are both stone useless.

Dowling gets all the criticism because of his well documented off field issues and add in the little media career was building. Which has stopped to be fair since 2014.

Daly and kinnerk.

1 Like

we know he went to Castletroy but your not getting Breen back after sundayā€¦2-1 from midfield ffs.

Hey, heā€™s the Prince of Castletroy

1 Like

Weā€™re off to Mullingar on Saturday week, throw in at 5pm for the hurling qualifier.

Bizarrely, this glamour tie will not be televised. Wexford v Offaly (3.30pm on RTE) and Cork v Dublin (7.00pm on Sky) will be live on TV.

Can I have a lift up?

Not 100% that Iā€™ll be able to go myself yet, son.

1 Like

Intermediate also confirmed for gg too just as @Elvis_Brandenberg_Kr said.

What date?

The 6th I think.

Some midweek summers hurling, lovely stuff.

1 Like