Limerick GAA, Still Getting Knocked Down

Can anybody name a single ard scoil ris graduate over the last ten years that has hurled well consistently for a couple of seasons from Limerick or Clare? Do they teach windyness as a subject?

3 Likes

Can you name any pallaskenry graduate instead?

From ard scoil ris? Barry o Connell is the only hurler I no that went there.

Iā€™m asking you to compare the success of your own school to ASR, Rambler.

I didnā€™t go to Pallas but bar ballybrown lads I donā€™t think there would be any senior hurlers down there? Either way itā€™s irrelevant pallaskenry isnā€™t held up as the ā€œgreat nurseryā€ of Limerick hurling.

When did ardscoild become a ā€œhurling schoolā€? Iā€™d say about 6 maybe 7 years ago? Would you ever stop talking shite.

Iā€™d say 10 years ago was when they first entered the Harty cup. With the likes of darach Honan on the team.

Sheedy has been approached for the gig next year. Iā€™m reliably informed that the position interests him but he will not commit or decline the job until late August.
Why heā€™s saying late August is beyond me.

I really think heā€™ll do a smashing job with these young U21 hurling superstars going forward.

Ye are lucky the big man is interested, Iā€™d love to see him back with Tipp.

2 Likes

Has he left the bank job?

Hadnā€™t heard that.

Negative

Again Iā€™d be very worried as to why heā€™s coming to Limerick.

He loves the Green jersey.

1 Like

Decent pay, close proximity to his home, perks, perks & more perks.

Are you brain dead, pal?

No as in thatā€™s why Iā€™m worried heā€™s coming for money.

Why the fuck does anyone come to Limerick???

2 Likes

Why else would someone want the hassle of a relatively high profile gig. You surely understand the hours & planning that goes into managing an IC team.

1 Like

He understands fuck all

You think Derek McGrath or Brian Cody get anything like the money Limerick will through at somebody like sheedy? Is there any example of an outsider working in a high profile gig in the last 15 years?

Iā€™d be making wholesale changes for the Westmeath game. Give the younger lads a chance to stake their claim. This year is a write off anyways so they may as well get the lads who are going to be carrying the can next year some experience. I suppose TJ will be too cautious as he probably still believes he can do something with this team.