Limerick GAA, Still Getting Knocked Down

Well done to the. Limerick young guns

Would anybody here know anything about the junior all Ireland Limerick won in hurling in the 50s or where I could find out about it?

I thought they won 3 junior all irelands back then. What is your question?

I didn’t even know that. didn’t we win a minor the same year? Just if there was any line ups or match reports id greatly appreciate it.

Minor was definitely 1958. Juniors were earlier than that.

Henry Martin’s second book has the details.

1 Like

I’ll get onto the great man so.

Know.

1 Like

@Bandage please dont be so hard on my mate @anon32894817. She is only learning

1 Like

Thanks.

Source Munster GAA webpage. 54 and 57 they won the All Ireland. 52 Munster Champs
1954 – LIMERICK: Paddy Cunneen, Johnny Dooley, J. Daly, Pat O’Neill, Jim Keogh, Sean Murphy, Jack Quaid, Joe Shanahan, Willie Dooley, Aidan Raleigh, Micky Carmody (Captain), Micky Sheehan, J. Nix, Christy Daly, John Barry.
Sub: J. Elliott, Jacky O’Sullivan

1957 – LIMERICK: Gerry Casey, Tom O’Donnell (Captain), Richard McGrath, Paddy O’Connor, Noel Flynn, Johnny Dooley, T O’Neill, M. Riordan, Joe Shanahan, W.Hogan (Bruree), Denny McCarthy, Mick O’Shea, W. Hogan (Bruff), Jack Enright, John Barry
Subs: Mick Savage, J.Sheehan, W.Lee

1952 – LIMERICK: John Murray, Jimmy Burke, Mick Mullane (Captain), Niall Sheehan, Sean Murphy, J. J. O’Brien, Tom Boland, Jimmy Morrissey, Mick Potter, Ger Simcox, James O’Grady, John Barry, Bertie Mullane, Johnny Stokes, Tony Clifford.

2 Likes

Thanks very much for that.

A few Kilmallock men on them. There is a bit in the kilmallock history book.

Didn’t we win a junior in the 30s as well?

long time ago the 30s

1 Like

1935 and 1941 as well apparently

Is that from Kilmallock town or nominally from the greater Kilmallock area (otherwise known as South Limerick)

Town . :slight_smile:

Daly seems a sound sort with hurling and the GAA in his heart. The other fella is a fully paid-for member of the Liberties Clique and his name belongs in the COTY thread.

Big Joe is alright

Yet Daly is making 100k off the gaa?