Limerick GAA, Still Getting Knocked Down

Team should be: quaid, Richie English, Richie mc, hickey, brynes, Gavin, Colin Ryan, o Donovan, Jim Bob, Nash, hannon, c lynch, p Casey, Dowling and Graeme. End of story.

I’d love to see Colin Ryan in there…

WHO CARES WHO YE PUT OUT:joy:

He might see sense? Why would he do anything?

As opposed to a half forward line with Hegarty and Dowling?

1 Like

Genuine question, for a lad who gives out endlessly about certain players attitude and work ethic )generally based on what their club or school is rather than their actual performances) how do you justify starting Hannon?

2 Likes

That isn’t the answer either. You have 11 right though.

At least those lads can catch a ball or take a belt. lynch can do neither.

Because over the last two years he’s been our highest scorer from play in championship.

I don’t decide which players I like or don’t like based on their school. I merely observed that pretty much every lad to come out of ard scoil ris/nap etc tends to have a lot in common. Decent hurling ability, hugely overrated, can’t catch a ball, no position and doesn’t want to no about the real gritty tough stuff. Ronan lynch is an exceptional free taker but after that a lot remains to be seen. He’d be eaten alive in the half back line I mean scared for live if he actually had to mark a man. He needs to mature l, work really hard and he could turn into a useful forward but that’s about the height of it.

1 Like

Quaid, Condon, McCarthy, English, Byrnes, O’Mahoney, Hegarty, Browne, P. Ryan, C. Ryan, Downes, C. Lynch, Mulcahy, Hannon, Nash

Hannon needs to be involved in the action or he shows no interest… Move him to Half forward and Dowling in Full.

I’d be interested to see the stats on that, especially compared to games played. He’s done nothing that wasn’t put on a plate for him since the Kilkenny game in 2014.

No Limerick player has pal.

1 Like

Others at least show effort, Hannon doesn’t even show that. The worst part of it is that he has more ability than most of them and if he played to his potential he’d be out there dominating games.

It’s gas that you’ll berate a young lad like Lynch who hasn’t even had a senior championship game yet, but would pick Hannon every time when this line applies more to him than anyone on the team. Very petty. You’re a complete hypocrite.

What’s wrong with that?

2 Likes

The team that should have been tried in March

Quaid,
Condon, English, Casey
Byrnes, Hannon, Hegarty,
Browne, D O’Donovan,
Downes, C. Lynch, Nash
Mulcahy, Morrissey, Dowling

Dowling is on purely for his frees. Mulcahy to play between the half and full forward line with C Lynch also operating out around midfield. Browne and O’Donovan required to work their socks off around the half back line with Pat Ryan to come on there when the first one tires. If Dowling isnt performing Pat Ryan could come on in the corner. Its 6 months too late but at least we get to shit or get off the pot on Saturday.

1 Like

I raised an eyebrow at Casey but stopped at Hannon… pull yourself together.

1 Like

Hannon for centre-back is the heartbeat of this thread… It’s in its DNA.

His DNA is flawed so.

Hannon is another Ard Scoil grad. They seem to breed lovely windy hurlers, Niall Morans if you will