Limerick GAA, Still Getting Knocked Down

We learned nothing from losing to Clare in Ennis in the league. It was basically the exact same thing, same game.

Revised players to drop-

Hannon, Downes, Dowling, Gavin, James Ryan, Quaid, Paudie, Wayne, Mulcahy.

Poor Wayne getting slated without touching the ball or grass. :smile:

1 Like

Wexford good win

McNamara is surely better than the likes of O Brien or Hickey?

1 Like

He is but he is 30/31 now and not exactly on a upward curve.

1 Like

We are out and there is a small part of me relieved that this year is over. At least they tried but we were short by a good distance. On the evidence I saw today Galway and whoever looses tomorrow are in with a great chance. Clare need to improve a lot and maybe they will.

Have Limerick another game coming up?

1 Like

Calling @Bartholemew_the_Ladd

Cody must be shitting himself

TJ - `‘I had a go and it wasn’t good enough’

I’ve given three years of my life to this job. I’ve given every waking hour. Anybody who’s ever been involved in a management team, anybody who’s ever been involved in inter-county setup, it takes huge time.

“It takes massive effort. It’s every day, every minute of every day, phone calls, trying to organise everything, trying to do it to the best of your ability for the county. I’ve given everything as a player and as a manager to Limerick hurling.

“I’ve brought it as far as I could. It wasn’t to be, it wasn’t good enough. Without making anything formal, I will probably do that during the week but I’ve taken it as far as I could.

“I’ve given it absolutely everything, I genuinely have. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed it, I’m very grateful to the people who have allowed me the opportunity. I’ve nothing but pride for the guys that played for me, the guys that gave everything.

“I’ll always thank them and I’ll be grateful for every single effort that everyone made. But for me personally, it just wasn’t good enough. I’ve no problem taking the flak for that.

“I’ll sleep on it, think about it over the next day or two. Talk to the people involved and basically just come to a decision. Look what I’ve given it to it time wise for three years, I’ve enjoyed it, but it just wasn’t good enough.

“In life when you look back, most of the regrets people have is for the things they didn’t do.”

3 Likes

Davy will have a similar statement on the 24th

1 Like

Did you see the Leinster final? Do you think Galway can change game plan if they meet KK again?

I dont know if Dalo would be the right choice. He would be immeasurably better than the current setup. I am sure the players would give it all for Dalo as he seems a very good man manager. Tactically I am not convinced.

Yes, if we are playing at 50% now Daly might get 75%…it would certainly be an improvement but I can’t see him being ‘the man’

Thinly veiled

1 Like

If he is available and willing Liam Sheehy is the man for the job.

He won’t need more than one hand to count them anyway…

Nothing should happen until all our teams have exited their respective championships. This needs to be got right this time. Whoever the right man is, he needs a minimum of two years.