Limerick GAA, Still Getting Knocked Down

jaysis I think I’ll shout for limerick on thursday night for the 1st time in my life. we cant afford to lose any of the weaker counties from hurling - even the windy useless wans. the seniors were useless the minors were cat (twas great to bate that prick daly tho), ah the poor aul greenie meanies need a digout big time.

yeh maybe will shout for the useless windy hoors on thurs

Sheedy can fuck right off.

2 Likes

We need a proven inter county manager now.

Ciaran and Mark Foleys time will come. I’d have them in as selectors with him.

Now that he’s gone, I suppose I should wish him well.

I really think he should have left last year after the loss to Dublin, it clearly wasn’t working but I suppose he felt he could get more out of them. It didn’t happen and this year was a complete disaster. His heart was in the right place though, you couldn’t accuse him of not giving his all for the county. Thanks for that win against Tipp in 2014, and even that win against Clare last year… and despite a defeat, that performance in Croker against Kilkenny was a serious performance, the kind of gutsy hurling that at least would make you proud of the players.

A huge appointment, they better make the right one.

2 Likes

1 Like

Limereick need a limerick man

or they will be here again banging on

If John Kiely is to stay with the 21’s for another year do you end up with a stop gap manager for 2017 and half the county calling for Kiely to takeover at the first defeat? I think it would make sense for Kiely to get the job in a years time with John Allen in now (Kiely and Allen were the main men in 2013) as a manager with Kiely as selector. This would be a way also of blending the new and the experienced guys on the panel as Allen would know the 2013 boys well.

This would appear to me to be the most sensible option but then this is Limerick so lets go with the media whore you was handed a good Dublin team that he made f’all changes to until it disintegrated and returned back to Clare and did fuck all with them. But he is on the Telly so he must be a fuckin genius…

As for Sheedy, Foley and Carey, I dont like the idea of putting a complete new team together who have never worked together. We tried that with O’Grady and TJ and it lasted 6 months. Sheedy may not get on with Carey and Foley. If Sheedy (or anyone else is to get the job) he has to be given his head and let him pick who he wants as selectors and coach.

1 Like

Lads kiely is a good manager but have many 21 managers stepped up and done well at senior level? Most people want kiely based on last year it’s a little shortsighted.

2 Likes

No point whatsoever in being thoughtful about this. It is not the Limerick way. The appointment will be a HR equivalent of Whactics.

3 Likes

One must remember limericks previous 4 appointments were Justin McCarthy, Donal o Grady, John Allen and Donal o Grady/tj Ryan. Tj Ryan was blessed to get in o Grady after people got sick of outsiders, when o Grady walked it was too late to appoint anybody else so tj was given the job for the year. He got a 3 year deal after the tipp win and kk performance. Not many fans were moaning when it was announced. If the county board had gotten rid of tj then they’d have been absolutely destroyed by the muldoons.

+1.

Kiely can fuck right off

2013 - Selector with John Allen - Won Munster
2015- Manager of U21 - Won A-I
2016- ?

Its not the that they won but the way they played. They play a passing game with huge work rate. He put the coaching team together which is far more important and he is not a cunt.

Putting together a team that has never worked together just because you think they are great lads is asinine.

1 Like

Are you in Cork or Limerick now? If it’s Cork you can fuck right off…

If you are in Limerick …well then OK you are dead right.

1 Like

True but he has experience as a senior selector and with the intermediates too. His 21s team also looked extremely well organised and well coached and he set up a game plan that suited the players he had, and got the absolute best out of the players he had. He also got the best people he could working with him and had the respect of the players. I think it’s more those hallmarks rather than the simple fact of having won the 21s all Ireland that make him an ideal candidate. And if you look at the other candidates being mentioned within limerick, Carey aside, you couldn’t say all those things for any of them.

2 Likes

I’m in Limerick but live in Cork but stay in Limerick.

2 Likes

sheedy wont need to fuck off. he wouldnt get involved with that limerick team

he have more sense than that…

Why did O’Grady resign as manager/co-manager a couple of years ago? I can’t remember, guys.

His ego.

2 Likes

The county board decided to remind him that Limerick hurling is about them

1 Like