Limerick GAA, Still Getting Knocked Down

You seem obbssed with moloney there isnā€™t a hope the county board are going to go after an outsider who hasnā€™t managed a senior intercounty team.

Not obsessed, I just think heā€™s a manager who has consistently set his teams up well and got the best out of them.

The only reason he hasnā€™t managed a senior intercounty team is because Davy is going to be in Clare for life, he is the natural successor there. And thereā€™s very few top intercounty jobs that are worth anything in any case.

Certainly would prefer him to some of the names being mentioned. But youā€™re right, the county board wonā€™t consider him.

I donā€™t know who do you think @Aristotle

I [quote=ā€œAristotle, post:9954, topic:20931ā€]
And thereā€™s very few top intercounty jobs that are worth anything in any case.
[/quote]

Yep. The Clare u21s is a bigger job than Kerry for example.

And all three of those should be shorter price than Justin

Having watched the going on in Limerick for 30 odd years I think Loughnane has to be worth a few quid at 500s :slight_smile:

Well said Richie.

4 Likes

Fuckit, Iā€™m having g some of that free money that pp is giving for Liam Sheedy, Harry knows the score right?

Its his if he wants it (same as last time)

Big gamble for him, but the raw materials are arguably there to keep him relevant on RTE afterwards if heā€™s willing to take the plunge off the couch.

Has to be a 2 year deal minimum though or he can fuck off.

Youā€™d have to wonder if the county board hadnā€™t of pissed off OGrady in 2014 what might have been

Ogrady is the best manager Limerick will ever have.

Maybe a grovelling apology and an extra zero in the cheque might do the trick

Yep. The Clare u21s is a bigger job than Kerry for example.
[/quote]

Itā€™s not 21s is a non event. Itā€™s a grand tournament for the weaker counties like Limerick, Clare and Wexford. It just enlarges egos and increases expectations. Iā€™d pay little attention to lads doing anything at that grade. There isnā€™t much tactics and normally the winner comes from a team knocked out of the senior championship early so focus turns solely to the 21. The bigger counties like kk and tipp donā€™t give a fuck. From what Iā€™ve heard from Clare lads moloney is decent manager but he also had far away the best set of players for those 3 21s. Heā€™s a smart fella but in terms of Limerick job he should be a long way down the list.

1 Like

Heā€™d be ahead of Leo O fucking Connor anyway.

1 Like

Youā€™ve an awful knife in old Leo, pal. Did he bullshit you at some stage, or something?

1 Like

Ah I could have said Quaid or Oā€™Neill either, the ā€œfuckingā€ fitted better into Leoā€™s name. In the interests of full disclosure, he got me banned off AFR after I posted that he lied about directing a young fella to go for a goal with a last minute free in an u21 game, subsequently setting the record straight with a statement to the limerick leader made through his solicitor.

3 Likes

:eek:

2 Likes

:open_mouth:

Good to see Seamus Flanagan back in.

:eek::sweat_smile: