Limerick GAA, Still Getting Knocked Down

On what basis is he back in? He hasn’t hurled a ball in 18 months. Politics is alive and well in Limerick.

Where’s Dylan Dawson?

Minor pedigree I presume pal, he just finished the leaving cert.

He’s a prospect in fairness.

Jerome O’Connell (@JeromeSport) tweeted at 8:30 pm on Tue, Jul 12, 2016:
Limerick hurling debate - “put an ad in the paper, coach wanted… sweeper not allowed” says one club delegate #GAA #hurling

3 Likes

Jerome O’Connell (@JeromeSport) tweeted at 8:43 pm on Tue, Jul 12, 2016:
35mins of Limerick hurling debate ends… Contributions from seven club delegates. Appears no new manager until at least early September #GAA

Bejasus. That must have been the Dowling free at the tail-end of the U21 game against Galway in 2011 so.

Banned from AFR - a badge of honour, kid.

5 Likes

Nah I was banned as well

He was poor for the minors last year and didn’t play well for his club all season. He wasn’t doing the leaving either he was playing freshers with ul I saw him a few times. He has outstanding potential alright but haven’t seen him do it for 18 months.

Flanagan for Gillane? Rather than Murphy, Quaid or O’Reilly who came off the bench the last day. I wonder where he was the last day, not even on the bench.

Flanagan is talented to be sure, but I like Gillane too.

How many of ye ladies travelling on Thursday?

I heard he was repeating the leaving cert.

He was a top forward prospect for our minors the year before, as good as the big names from bigger clubs arguably.

I’d give Kiely the benefit of doubt, he must be going well in training.

Thursday is a potential interview for Kiely

He repeated the leaving alright and can’t have much hurling done. Casey and O’Reilly were the other two leaving certs brought into the U21 panel and both worked out well v Cork but were blown out of it in the intermediate final.

I presume it’s based on form in training but it’s hard on lads who’ve been there all year, like Gillane, Murphy, Fox etc.

2 Likes

Thursday will be very tough indeed.

What’s the story with Fox? Seem to start all challenge matches…

Informative rating pal.

I like the look of him and he could be a sleeper for the future. Serious pace, good finisher, but has come under the radar a little and has probably suffered from not really being involved at minor for the last few years. Still, he did well for a poor enough NUIG team in the Fitzgibbon and he’s the current captain of the Ahane seniors. A work in progress.

1 Like

I know his auld fella, he was telling junior couldn’t speak highly enough of the 21 setup, said Kiely and Corbett were unreal to deal with…I wonder if he still holds the same opinion :grin:

Not a poor NUIG team. One of the best in the competition, they only missed out on score difference from qualifying from the Mary I, UL group

I suppose guys can just be off-form at times and maybe that’s the case with him at the minute. Why else would you drop a sub who didn’t come on the last day. I reckon Flanagan is a risky gamble though and, although I hope he proves me wrong, I’d be surprised to see him last the 60 minutes on Thursday.

1 Like