Limerick GAA, Still Getting Knocked Down

I said they were poor enough.

Looks like Daly is heading back to the dubs.

Link?

Anybody want to give me a lift Thursday from the greater castletroy area?

Daly will go where the dollars are, so that wouldnā€™t surprise me in the least.

1 Like

So if Daly is out, sheedy doesnā€™t want a job outside tipp, Kiely has too much going on and Carey is offside with the board who does that leave?
Leo o Connor? Anthony Cunningham?

5 man committee to be appointed by next monthā€™s board meeting to appoint a new manager by September.

Whatā€™s the rush? We have a other 6 weeks before Dave Clarke gets appointed to the gig

Maybe Harryā€™s right and its sheedy.

Thereā€™s a lot of truth in that obviously, but if you watch enough games of a team managed by the same person, it will be pretty apparent whether they are a good manager/tactician (or at least that someone in their setup is) or whether they are simply halfway competent and have decent players.

All of Moloneyā€™s teams are very well-organised. Considering weā€™ve been basically reduced to a rabble, Iā€™d take that.

As for ā€˜way down the listā€™; I mean who would you have ahead of him?

Daly, Kiely, Carey, Sheedy? I could go with that but Moloney has a lot more experience than Kiely & Carey really. Obviously I have no idea if heā€™d even want the job. Sheedy has a proven record, but again, does he want the job? It would probably take an awful lot of money to coax him and is that really what we want?

Daly is probably similar enough, maybe a bit less than Sheedy and heā€™s already here. Did pretty well with both Clare & Dublin without actually winning the big one. Had up and down years with Dublin too, but youā€™d have to say our group of players are more talented and he couldnā€™t but do better, surely.

I donā€™t see Carey getting the job, as much as Iā€™d love to see him lead us to victory. His time will come, Iā€™m sure, if he continues his upward progress.

Kiely is the obvious internal choice, does he want it? I donā€™t know but heā€™s always been held in pretty high regard, and winning the All-Ireland will only have bolstered his reputation. I donā€™t think many would have complaints if he was involved.

1 Like

who the fuck gets to select the 5 man committee?

Spike, Morrissey, Oliver Mann will make sure that on on it themselves and two poor gobshites that will be outvoted by these geniuses.

1 Like

We could end up with another Tipp man (other then Sheedy) who has managed an All Ireland winning teamā€¦Nicky English

Why would moloney come to Limerick? No manager has left Limerick with his rep enchanced in 20 years. He could simply lose everything. At the moment heā€™s ahead of daly in Clare and as a native who hasnā€™t managed his county it would be a bizarre move to come to Limerick. The knifes would come so quick for him heā€™d barely last a league campaign. Moloneys rep is built on an exceptionally group of young players who he has organised well tbf. Iā€™d also believe Davy Fitz is so mental a lot of these players are easily managed for 21s and enjoy the freedom from the concentration camp. It would be a seriously risky move from Limerick to appoint him. In fact have you any examples of a manger coming from one of the tradional hurling counties and being successful with another county before heā€™d manages his own county? I canā€™t. Iā€™m also not sure moloney has any experience managing or coaching outside of Clare.

That would be such a Limerick appointment.

2 Likes

We should go to Cody with cap in hand and ask which one of his lads is most likely to succeed him and let him cut his teeth with us for three years.

4 Likes

I donā€™t know if he would come; but I donā€™t know for sure whether any of them want the job. Maybe the lure of doing something at the highest level would entice him, maybe not, I donā€™t know the man. I donā€™t think he has any experience coaching outside of Clare- he was with Scariff and did well there afaik and has been with Clare underage teams for the bones of ten years if Iā€™m not mistaken.

It might be slightly risky, but not to the extent youā€™re making out. Counties donā€™t tend to appoint managers from other counties, but thatā€™s because of an inherent conservatism more than anything else. Most counties have never appointed outside their county, full stop, and it hasnā€™t worked out that great for a lot of them. In the modern game, the best man for the job should be picked, obviously.

I just think there should be an open mind kept about this appointment (obviously there wonā€™t be), and that it shouldnā€™t just be picked on reputations (obviously it will be).

Better than a Tipp man.

1 Like

Keeping TJ would be better than hiring a Tipp man

Id go for daly. Weā€™re starting to not bother about ye at all & Daly wud give us cause again to sew it into ye.

or maybe eamonn kelly wud take it onā€¦wud be similar to managing the biffos

sheedy, Nicky? not a chance boy. Those lads have reputations to defend