Limerick GAA, Still Getting Knocked Down

Why mention it so? Did the abuse from the terraces affect him last nt? If your going to get abused by the crowd they will find some other angle if they really want to anyways

Sticks and stones.

Opposition fans will beat you with any stick they can find,Donal og got awful abuse in his playing days late in his career worse still as a keeper with nowhere to go but it was water off a ducks back eventually to him.

Can we please ban @myboyblue and @Joe_Player from this thread.

1 Like

We would only lose half our posts then pal.

This thread is taking a bit of a sinister turn, chaps. Player’s personal lives should not be trotted out to bolster arguments about underage hurling. Looking for pms for the purpose of rumour-mongering and gossiping is offside too.

I’ve no doubt that @Watchyourtoes is a genuine and passionate Limerick supporter but you’ve overreached a little here, pal.

Where we are shouldn’t some as a huge surprise to anyone. The 21s overachieved last year and to lose yesterday evening wasn’t exactly a massive shock. People can point fingers wherever they like, and they’d be right in a lot of cases, but instant success is not deliverable with our current player pool. The best we can hope for over the next 2 years or so is to assemble a squad, under progressive management, that will be capable of seriously challenging afterwards.

In short, we’re looking for the oxymoronic - intelligent Limerick hurling.

12 Likes

We need the clowns at the top gone first Elvis.

1 Like

Possibly, but who’ll replace them? More of the same? Those who previously were there and failed? The reality is that very few would go near any of those jobs with a barge pole. Clubs can’t fill officer positions, divisional boards can’t fill officer positions and the county board is no different really.

2 Likes

Have to wonder where was the movement and sense of purpose to our game last night which was so impressive last year,I know conditions were bad but from our backs distribution to our forwards finishing everything was lacking.Maher cleaned up as the spare man he mopped up countless ball in the second half.

Ah now I was being nice

Minor team of 2013 as played in munster final replay. 11 starters remain and one lost this year to an acl. Positioning for the half back line is the problem.

LIMERICK – Colin Ryan; Sean Finn, Stephen Cahill, Richard English (capt); Andrew La Touche Cosgrave, Ronan Lynch, Sean Flanagan; Jamie Butler, Darragh O’Donovan; Cian Lynch, David Dempsey, Barry Nash; Dean Coleman, Tom Morrissey, Pat Ryan. Subs: Edward Doyle for Dean Coleman (29mins), Michael Casey for Stephen Cahill (38mins), Lorcan Lyons for Jamie Butler (53mins), Dean Coleman for Edward Doyle (58mins).

fuck you

1 Like

It’s time to merge the terrorist thread and the Limerick GAA thread.

2 Likes

Rant from the42:joy:

Like the issues with cork, limerick are along a similar line regarding a county board that is inept, undemocratic and running limerick GAA into the ground. The Secretary of the county board is a disorganization mess leading to basic issues such as club fixtures. We are aware the county board are currently in a bad financial state, yet we dont know because the treasurer has not given any breakdown on financial issues for well over a year and the same treasurer has on purposely skiped county board meetings. It is a mess from top to bottom with no transparency.
Good county boards produce good teams Dublin and Kilkenny, and other very competent boards such as Tipp, Waterford, Tyrone, Kerry ect.
Look at the county boards that are a mess, such as Limerick and cork and you begin to understand the correlation between a well run county board and an inept dictatorial incompetent county boards riven with infighting.
This is not a 5 point learning issue as the article clams, it is the difference between an incompetent county board not fit for purpose with a record of incompetence v a steady well run setup.

1 Like

Anyway back to hurling matters. What is the story with Ronan lynch? Long season for him but Christ he’s showing absolutely no form.

will there be a “drink” ban?
id bring in Mark keane and Ger Hegarty as selectors

@TreatyStones
when is the next round of the IFC down for decision
Senans have a huge game v Adare

1 Like

Easy win for adare.

1 Like

I’d relax. the lad is only 19/20. He is underage again next year.
He’d probably benefit from getting a break and despite what @glasagusban might like, it might do no harm if NaP get knocked out early in the championship. Indeed Peter Casey is another kid who might also benefit from a break and getting their heads away from hurling for a while.They will be back but I do not like the way we fuck players up by playing them as corner forwards one day and half back the next. Its unfair on lads and knocks their confidence.

I was as disappointed as most at last nights result however I still believe we have a bunch that we can be competitive with in the next few years and that is all one can hope for. I think a break from hurling for a good few months will do these guys no harm. They have been in a ‘system’ since they were U14 and before they get too old it would be no harm if a few of them fucked off to the States and had a life for a few months before they come back into the slog and get slated on here.

8 Likes

1 Like