Limerick GAA, Still Getting Knocked Down

Me and JP are very similar alright.

Two tax exiles

4 Likes

We love the Green and White.

Flying in for the big games

Seeing Limerick win an All Ireland, in our lifetimes. Unlike most of ye.

1 Like

Pretending to be resident in South Limerick

4 Likes

Good game

Tip :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

This thread has turned into Libya without Gaddaffi, sad really how one of the greatest internet threads of all time can be desecrated so easily. Awful shame.

Should be an X files episode made to mull over this scandal.

Not true. Like your fellow travellers in Kilmallock, you are a souptaker. PJ is a soup provider. Surprised you arenā€™t on here boasting about the night in the manor. But thinking about that, there are different levels of souptaker and you are at the bottom of the pile. The horsey set and the top echelons of politics and the GAA take all the best seats at PJā€™s side so that they can catch the crumbs as they fall.

1 Like

That was satisfactory. Revenge for Barry Nash.

Teege need to to load the gun and pull the trigger for the 2016 squad.

2 Likes

Just back from Mordor.

Pleased with that. Looked in trouble at half time but this group of players have been the same since they were minors in 2013 - they always seem to have lulls in matches but they can be devastating in spurts too.

That was a decent Galway u21 team. A strange game in that most of the star names never really imposed themselves - Flynn, Whelan, Mannion, both Lynchā€™s.

Limerick had more about them from the rest of the sides. The likes of Morrissey, Colin Ryan, David Dempsey all chipped in with a few scores at different and vital times. The three games so far have followed the same pattern, start on fire, major dip before half time and then power on in the second half.

Darragh Oā€™Donovan ran himself into the ground. Thought the full back line were solid. Michael Casey is a fine bit of stuff. He never seems to hurl a lot of ball but his man never does either. What you want in a corner back. English has good defensive instincts too. Hopefully he can fill out a bit and put on some more muscle.

Overall a job well done. If we contain McDonald Iā€™d fancy us to win the final.

4 Likes

Need to cut out this lul before half time. I know every team gets their purple patch but handing back sic points aint good enough. On the positive we won comfortably enough but our passing game needs tidying up too
Sometimed you need to just get rid of the fucking thing. Handed Galwsy at least 4 points through stupid decisions

Itā€™s a great night to be a Limerick gael pal, I had a terrific day and I must say 99% of Tipp people are alright sorts.

Going to watch back the game now once the mrs is finished watching this ceilluradh muck on RTE1

2 Likes

Got home from the match and she handed over the remote straight away. Shes looking for somehing I know it

Run out the door now pal, no joke

Sitting outside the ragg today at half 4 supping a pint I knew we wouldnā€™t be beaten.

Heading out the door, straight to the ATM

I know people will say 11 of the team are underage again next year etc but we really need to win it this year.

Waterford probably had the best team on paper this year but they were undone by a combination of a tough draw (Clare in Ennis), circumstances (72 hours after a draining Munster senior final) and having practically no preparation time with so many on the senior panel. The same could well happen us next year so winning it this year is all that matters.

Watched the match back again there. The pleasing thing is that weā€™ve lads coming through who are actually able to make clean catches in the air. Plenty of ball winners in every line of that team.

Round of club matches next weekend.

Iā€™m abroad for the final. Ffs.

1 Like

Only thing we are lacking pal without yet watching back the game is a proper goalscoring forward threat, we need to develop one at senior level and with the greatest respect to Ronan Lynch itā€™s not fair to expect him to produce miracles going in FF when he is an out and out centre back naturally.

1 Like