Limerick GAA, Still Getting Knocked Down

In fairness we were knocking on the door. Had a couple of chances that we could have developed towards the end but took the right decision in putting them over

The future is bright lad, Lumineach Abu!!!

Where have I heard that before? :pensive:

Think Kevin Oā€™Brien could be the answer. His natural instinct is to turn and bear down on goal. Mind you he didnā€™t get a run tonight so unlikely heā€™ll be thrown in against Wexford now.

Is Dylan Dawson even on the extended panel now? Another lad who if he continues to develop could be a great prospect over the next few years. Serious pace.

The Leader and Live 95FM should get the Mickey Harte treatment for the next three weeks and be told to stay the fuck away from the players.

4 Likes

I think half forward is his best spot. Midfield or wing back either. Heā€™s been unreal for the minors at midfield the last few years and lords it at wing back for the club seniors, centre back is his least favourite position, even in the minor team the last few years ALTC was probably a better 6. Although Iā€™ve seen Lynch dictate Harty games from 6.

Anyway, heā€™s good enough to start in the middle third for limerick next year.

From what Iā€™m hearing, this is exactly the treatment that The Leader can expect from the entire senior squad next year after the antics of one of their ā€œjournalistsā€

4 Likes

Agree re the media Dk. Weā€™d want to close ranks now and keep it all quiet within the county.

Great win! Thought the halfback line done well but Galway played to their strengths. Byrnes was outstanding while hegarty was excellent under the high ball. Barry done well too he always tries to use the ball well. Richie English is a great prospect he reads the ball well and rarely gets turned. Casey also is a strong man marker. The two doon lads were industrious at midfield but it was tough to do any hurling it was so conjested. I felt Cian lynch sacrificed himself for the team like James o d for Kerry in all Ireland. He took a Galway lad out of it, blocked all the space in front of mannion and still scored a point and laid off a few good balls. Ronan lynch is some man for the frees, a little slow but looks like a centre forward to me. Tom morrissey really stood up last night. While Dempsey, Nash and Colin Ryan worked incredibly hard and got some great scores.

1 Like

Talks of them trying to postpone the final round of the football club championship until after the 21ā€™s :rage:

Makes Sense.

If if it was a senior all Ireland theyā€™d do it.

Yes, but Senior All Irelandā€™s are the pinnacle of the game. Underage ones are not.

For the players it is all that counts for the next 3 weeks.

They have already moved the games once, and already allowed for the fact they might make the final, by fixing the most important football games so far this year for a Wednesday and Thursday night which gives them 10 days break before the final.

Of course it is. But that has nothing to do with what you said initially.

It was funny/sickening to see Jp walk in with Joe McKenna and watch as all the county board types fell over themselves trying to shake his hand.

Yes it does. If you canā€™t see what I meant then you are an idiot.

Youā€™re the one making a show of yourself here. You claimed it should be treated the same as a senior All Ireland. Thereā€™s your problem and wider one in less successful counties. Right there.

It is not ideal but Iā€™m sure John Kiely wants 3 weeks prep for the all ireland. The football being moved already is a joke I agree but this is a different matter.

We are talking about Limerick Club Football. FFS if there was a half decent game of bocia or tiddly winks coming up the football should be postponed.

There will be a full round of the hurling championship next week. That will be enough for the run-in. If Laois ever qualify for an All Ireland at any grade/sport then we might consider listening to your sage advice.
Hows the Laois GAA thread going?

3 Likes