Limerick GAA, Still Getting Knocked Down

They should have gotten a standing ovation for what they’ve both given to Limerick GAA.

1 Like

OK You have redeemed yourself.

Listen pal, if you think you can preach to me about underage All Ireland’s then you haven’t a fucking clue where you’re going or what you’re talking about.

And read back the post, I pulled the dozy cunt up on comparing an underage All Ireland to a Senior All Ireland. Nothing more, nothing less. So go fuck yourself.

1 Like

For the players and the management it is as big as the senior. Give them 3 weeks to prep.

Would you for the love of God, stop trying to dig your way out of what you said. Admit you were talking shit when you tried to compare an underage All Ireland with a Senior one. I havent a fucking care about whether they call off anything, of course they should anyway for what its worth. But cop the fuck on trying to compare it to a Senior All Ireland.

Richie Bennis walks and not one of them bats an eye lid. Sickening bastards,

Richie wouldn’t want it any other way.

Stop changing what I said you ape. For players it is just as big as and should be treated like so.

The moment it all starts to go wrong.

Yes the full round of hurling which is going ahead on what was originally the football weekend.

Yes for the players and management at the moment this is just as big as the senior all ireland.

How many of the panel are playing senior and intermediate football?

Hegarty and Dempsey the only ones I know for definite play football.

Outside of Hegarty and Colin Ryan how many of the rest of the panel are affected? Do the Na Piarsaig lads on the panel play football?

Just looking at the fixtures for the Senior football the Pallas - St Pats game is only one that could be put off. The rest of them should be played next weekend with the hurling. The intermediate would be a bit more awkward with Bruff, OOla, Castlemahon involved.

1 Like

ALL games must be played at the same time due to the permutations involved with group finishing positions.

Great day in Thurles Saturday. Had thought I wouldn’t make it, so delighted I did.

Performance was fantastic that 2nd quarter lull aside.

McCarthy; Smart puckouts overall, has a nice trajectory on the puckouts making them more winnable. One excellent save. I really like the look of this fella. 8
Finn; Good tight marking in a dominant FB line. Justified his selection. 8
English; Not his best game this season, but did what was required. A future FB undoubtedly. Not sure if he picked up Whelan for the whole game but certainly kept him quiet while he was on him. 8
Casey; Brilliant defensively. Tore out on a lovely run and laid off for a great score at a vital moment in the match. 9
Byrnes; Exploded into the game with two monster points. Would love to see more of that. Did his part thereafter. 8
O’Connell; While he didn’t do much wrong, he never dominated the centre. The quietest of the backs IMO. 6
Hegarty; I’ve already said this, raw as fuck but what potential. A Limerick man who is good in the air finally, thank you jebus. 9
O’Donovan & Ryan; I’m putting the two together because they are so similar I can’t tell them apart in my recollection of the game :blush: . Serious engines, cover a lot of ground and always available for the out option. Neither as impressive as previous games, but both with huge potential. 7
Nash. Worked hard but looked a little off the pace. 6
C Lynch. Not very effective in the role he was playing. Never got much space for himself, thought they could have moved him in towards the end. Over complicated things a lot, and ran into a fair few dead ends, body checked a couple of times after trying to flick the ball over lads heads, which is perfectly reasonable as far as I’m concerned. That said that over the head pass was fucking class. Need more from him. 6.5
Dempsey. In and out of the game, but when he got the ball he used it very well. Scored a few great points at vital times. We badly need half forwards who can win their own ball at senior level, not sure he has that in him? 8
R Lynch. Quiet from play. Standing in the FF line clearly doesn’t suit him though. Consistent from the frees and a lovely sideline cut. Need to get him more involved though. Great to have so many strong free takers in the county. Who takes them for NAP at senior? 8
Ryan. Living off scraps all day, great return considering. Definitely has something about him. Won a fantastic ball in front of three Galway defenders from a mishit free at one stage. 8
Morrissey. I was very impressed with him in previous years and thought he was one of the few who could make the transition to senior quickly. Been very disappointing year to date so great to see a return to form today. Battled valiantly in an outnumbered FF line, smart use of ball and a beautifully taken, if somewhat lucky goal. Deservedly MOTM. 9

Great to see a Limerick team playing with a plan. Beautiful use of ball at times, though they are probably erring on the over doing it side of things. Ran into dead ends a fair few times instead of letting it move. Great to see them win while the two Lynches were quiet from play. Plenty balance to the side.

TJ being badly shown up, both by this teams better style, organisation and tactical awareness and the fact that clearly a lot of this team is better than that which he used all year.

5 Likes

Really. I It ain’t the world cup.
Looking at the tables I don’t think as it stands it is that critical. I’d give the clubs the option. Play next weekend (except the Pats - Pallas match) or wait until the end of Sept when you run the risk of lads being back in college and the championship likely running into November.

Maybe it’s like the world cup to the players involved?
Same way @anon25556527 RamblerRed says the U21 hurlers are treating their game as the most important match ever.

Honestly have a look at the tables. There aint a lot in it. All teams need to win. I couldn’t see the Pats and Pallas captains coming together on the field and agreeing to play for a draw. More likely they would prefer to bate the shite out of one another.

Its not ideal but with Hegarty’s injury the lad needs all the time (plus loads of hurling). He is some athlete but playing hurling with St Pats wont see him progress.

PS Using @anon25556527 to promote your opinion doesn’t help.

Is it possible that those teams could have an advantage over other teams if their game was played later? Yes. Therefore it cannot be played later. It’s pretty simple.

1 Like