Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

Marty is related to everyone. He is everyman (every LK man)

He looks like heā€™s related to everyone alright.

Limerick and Cork should be a cracker of a game, both seem to want to play a nice passing brand of hurling where possible, but not afraid to mix it at the same time. Limerickā€™s sharpness and decision making will need to up it a notch from Sunday.

The goals came from sloppy dispositions in our own half too.

Youā€™d expect that the game will bring Limerick on a lot. Clare did create plenty of chances but were very inefficient. We werenā€™t the most efficient ourselves so there is a lot of improvement needed.

Watched the game back earlier, Cork wont be able to deal with this Limerick team.

Kyle Hayes and Hegarty completed negated the two Mahers. Gillane has that Patrickswell arrogance that you cant buy.

Thought Hickey actually did alright in the 2nd half. Heā€™s not a full back though and M Casey should come in for him Saturday week.

I dont see Cork being able to deal with our all action half back and forward lines. Particularly after another game for them this weekend.

Whenā€™s Peter Casey due back? I dont see him taking Mulcahys spot after his 4 pts from play in the first half last Sunday.

Heā€™ll have to work his way back into contention like everyone else, which is fantastic to see.

He is due back for the Waterford game. He is not going to start, they could move Gillane to full forward with Flanagan missing out but I donā€™t see it at the moment.

1 Like

Be great to see Gillane and Mulcahy terrorising the corner backs like last week and then a pissed off and determined Peter Casey coming in with 10 or 15 to go

Iā€™d say thereā€™s next to no chance of Casey coming back in as a starter and I wouldnā€™t be surprised if itā€™s two games from the bench or something. I think the target at the moment is the 21s game v tipp. Heā€™ll have been out for the bones of three months by the times heā€™s back and itā€™ll take a good while to build up his fitness. Hopefully he comes back fresh as his form dropped in 2016 after naps all Ireland win understandably. Although heā€™s probbaly involved in less teams now which is a help. Limerick definitely need to manage him anyway we brought hannon back too early a few times and it ruined his season.

Youā€™re dreaming mate, Corks middle 8 was just as impressive the other day, the Limerick lads will be up the walls just keeping up

1 Like

Be no marathon solo runs from Coleman and Fitzgibbon I can guarantee that much and man inside with the canopy for a nose will disappear after the first belt he gets too,far better Cork sides have crumbled to lesser Limerick ones.

3 Likes

100%. Buy the suits. Write the songs :+1:

I reckon we could get a trimming down in Cork.

A match day haircut down below? Splendid idea!

Iā€™d be more worried about Waterford at home and Clare in Ennis the week after.

Weā€™ll see.

All the away games will be tough to win. If cork lose on Sunday which they will, theyā€™ll be fighting for their lifeā€™s to stay in it v us. Personally Iā€™d hope cork win. Tipp still have the best players in the country and I wouldnā€™t fancy us were we to play them again. Iā€™d fancy us to beat anybody bar them and Galway at the moment in a knockout game.

Itā€™s a different test completely. I havenā€™t watched it all back yet, but looked at the last 20 minutes last night. Tipp really were not at the races, and Cork, at home, will turn up for sure.

Cork like to run with the ball, and have loads of pace, and we need to bottle them up and ensure we donā€™t foul.

But I thought their half-back line struggled with Clareā€™s more powerful runners. And Iā€™d be surprised if our midfield was walked through as easily as Clareā€™s.

2 Likes

Id agree 100% Galway and Tipp are the ones to aim for I think Kilkenny are fucked and Galway will bury them Sunday,Waterford are blunt even when at full strength expect Clare to do the business too.Tipp will beat Clare and Waterford in their last 2 games.