Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

The Midweek game I think it was on RTƉ. I got a half day off school to go to it :grimacing:

Jumping ahead of myself I know but if it was to be a Limerick v Cork Munster final then assume it would be on in Limerick? Given the home/away arrangement of recent years?

1 Like

Correct

1 Like

Worst case scenario who could we end up against in an AI QF Kilkenny or Wexford?

If we lose to Clare and beat the Joe McDonagh team, weā€™d be playing second in Leinster in the quarter-final (probably Kilkenny).

If we lose a Munster final, weā€™d be playing Wexford if they beat their Joe McDonagh team.

2 Likes

A chance to give game time to players pushing for inclusion would have been invaluable as the season goes on. No matter, we will maintain momentum and win. Thereā€™ll be no fatigue, at the moment we are a team rearing to go.

Any update on Pete Casey will he take David Reidys place on the bench this Sunday? We have a fully fit and available panel for the first time in years and that bit of luck can go a long way.

Browne was outstanding yesterday and so was Morey After he came on. Dave mc very impressive also.

Why would peter Casey replace David reidy? Iā€™d imagine if the unthinkable happened and either of Hego or Hayes went down injured David reidy would be starting. Heā€™s another ranger, powerful running half forward. I presume pat Simon will lose out for Gillane.

Kiely is in a really good place. usually the discussions this time of year are who can we find to fill a gap. Now we are talking about whoā€™ll be left off cos weā€™ve too many players.

1 Like

Weā€™ll have to split the county in 2 :rofl:

1 Like

giphy-1

3 Likes

It was a Thursday night sandwiched between the Munster football final and a back donor game v the all Ireland champs Armagh .

If anything spelt the end for a dual player that week was it .

You still havenā€™t explained this? David reidy is half forward. Peter Casey is a corner forward.

I think there may be a lot of changes to the team for the Clare match. I think Kiely will use this to test his squad and giving guys games in a key match will keep the intensity up for the knock out matches down the line. It shows faith in his whole squad and I donā€™t think introducing the likes of Nash, P Casey, Browne, Hickey from the start would weaken us massively while giving others some rest time. Itā€™s a risk but one with a long term gain

I canā€™t see any long term gain from losing next week or rotating massively like you suggested. If we lose it kills momentum. The knifes would be out for kiely if things went badly wrong. Canā€™t be sniffing at a munster title itā€™s another little building block just like winning the league was in my opinion. Gillane/Dowling and Casey/mulcahy are the two calls that the management May have to make in due course. Other than that itā€™s a very settled team.

No way. 100% all out to win this game and win Munster.

1045 train to Ennis sold out already? @Copper_pipe keep an eye out for any special trains organised during the week pal

the only gain would be to keep lads sweet in the squad.

You want these lads absolutely poisonous coming on as subs or when they get a run. Look at the Dow yesterday. Possessed.

Giving lads a run out for the sake of it would break that ethos of earning the jersey. Iā€™ve bought into this approach by Kiely.