Limerick GAA - We get knocked down 🐐

[QUOTE=“dodgy-keeper, post: 1012404, member: 1552”]Just back from Rathkeale.

Senior football championship result. Ballysteen 1-12 NCW 0-15.

A last gasp Ian Corbett point earned NCW a draw and (AFAIK) cost Ballysteen a place in the quarter finals as Fr Caseys and St Kierans drew in the other game. An enjoyable game, Ballysteen led 0-03 to 0-02 early on before NCW lashed over 9 points on the trot to take a commanding lead. Stephen Kelly was very prominent with three from play. It looked like being a procession at this stage but the underdogs rallied with three crucial scores before the break. 0-11 to 0-06 at the interval.

For large parts of the second half there was only one team in it as Ballysteen threw the kitchen sink at it. Massive effort, fought for everything and gradually inched their way back into contention before a goal brought them to within a point. It was nip and tuck towards the end, both sides missing chances before a classy Danny Neville score from play eventually put Ballysteen a point up. However the army man Corbett was to have the final say as he calmly drilled over the leveller. Enjoyable game, don’t think NCW will win it out this year though. Too many individuals on the team, they start losing the rag with each other when anything goes against them.

Total joke that there was no official linesmen there tonight. Couple of very contentious sideline ball decisions, the ref needed help as it was hard for him to make decisions from 40 or 50 yards away. It just wouldn’t happen in a crunch hurling game in the county (there’ll be two linesmen/women for all the hurling matches next weekend) but as ever football is the poor relation in Limerick.[/QUOTE]
:frowning:

Ah no.

Does this mean all the board has left is Mark Renton’s exploits in LDMC Div 4?

Both did well. @The Runt[/USER] faced a thankless task in the first half with the quality ball coming into his full back-line but he stuck to his task manfully and didn’t give 'em a sniff in the second half. Another cleansheet for [USER=207]@Rintintin

I’m gutted for them, so I am.

Last round of group matches in the hurling championship next weekend (as long as the minor match tomorrow doesn’t go to a replay). G/B v Effin is down for Ballyagran next Saturday. Basically a relegation decider. Tense and nervous about it already…

Name yere winner now lads?? Ive sneaky feeling bout pats, may lack d cuteness to beat drom though!

No official lineman at any senior club game is appalling. The CB yet again show their utter contempt for football.

What’s the thinking behind Grimes starting for the Minors tomorrow? Surely it has to be Ronan Lynch and Hanley at midfield? Can’t see Grimes going in corner forward. Conor Fitz has been hard done by there.

[QUOTE=“Gary Birtles Lovechild, post: 1012444, member: 2585”]No official lineman at any senior club game is appalling. The CB yet again show their utter contempt for football.

What’s the thinking behind Grimes starting for the Minors tomorrow? Surely it has to be Ronan Lynch and Hanley at midfield? Can’t see Grimes going in corner forward. Conor Fitz has been hard done by there.[/QUOTE]

they are going with a sweeper the fcuking eejits.
afraid of their shite of blanchfield against the full back no doubt instead of saying fuck you kilkenny beat us if you can

If we get Richie Leahy on the pitch early on we will win this,he should be starting.

[QUOTE=“dodgy-keeper, post: 1012414, member: 1552”]Both did well. @The Runt[/USER] faced a thankless task in the first half with the quality ball coming into his full back-line but he stuck to his task manfully and didn’t give 'em a sniff in the second half. Another cleansheet for [USER=207]@Rintintin

I’m gutted for them, so I am.

Last round of group matches in the hurling championship next weekend (as long as the minor match tomorrow doesn’t go to a replay). G/B v Effin is down for Ballyagran next Saturday. Basically a relegation decider. Tense and nervous about it already…[/QUOTE]

Cheers dodgy, Fierce disappointing. Played well for 40 out of 60 minutes. But the other 20 cost us big time.
Should have smothered out that ball at the finish. They kicked some great scores from distance for a finish.

@manbehindthewire I’d agree.

Listening to the All Ireland podcast from Off The Ball podcast there. Seamus Hickey was on the panel. Jayus he got an absolute roasting below in Kilkenny. Almost a verbal version of the 07 All-Ireland!
Mick Kavanagh in particular made shite of him a few times. 2 lads from the crowd even had a cut, one lad taking piss out of him after 07 with Eddie Brennan driving him out over the line. It felt like they’d zero time for the lad.

[QUOTE=“bones, post: 1012756, member: 2780”]Listening to the All Ireland podcast from Off The Ball podcast there. Seamus Hickey was on the panel. Jayus he got an absolute roasting below in Kilkenny. Almost a verbal version of the 07 All-Ireland!
Mick Kavanagh in particular made shite of him a few times. 2 lads from the crowd even had a cut, one lad taking piss out of him after 07 with Eddie Brennan driving him out over the line. It felt like they’d zero time for the lad.[/QUOTE]
:rolleyes:

Wishing the Limerick minors & all the Limerick posters the very best of luck today.

Hon the neighbours. :clap:

[QUOTE=“Gary Birtles Lovechild, post: 1012444, member: 2585”]
What’s the thinking behind Grimes starting for the Minors tomorrow? Surely it has to be Ronan Lynch and Hanley at midfield? Can’t see Grimes going in corner forward. Conor Fitz has been hard done by there.[/QUOTE]
It’s a funny one alright. Grimes was let play a junior match last week, so I assumed he wasn’t starting. We’ll know soon enough I suppose.

[QUOTE=“carryharry, post: 1012766, member: 1517”]Wishing the Limerick minors & all the Limerick posters the very best of luck today.

Hon the neighbours. :clap:[/QUOTE]

Why are you wishing the posters the very best of luck, pal?

how many goal chances do limerick need to score a goal

Fucking disgusted. Anyone saying that not winning this game might do these players good in the long run or some other such bollox is a gobshite of the highest order.

It would take limerick to have the best panel of players two years running and still manage to fuck away all Ireland’s through managerial ineptitude.
A lot of nearly men in Limerick hurling circles at the moment.

What night are the 20 questions being sent in?

that was badly managed, I am very disappointed with the outcome. Fair play to the players

Very very badly managed , Limerick could easily have won it

A very poor performance. Spike Quilligan fucked up.

As many said, badly managed. Why there were or should be any changes from the team in the semi to the final is beyond me. (At least with regard to the changes that were made, ones that might have been needed making went unaddressed.) Some of the selections/positioning was just baffling. Ryan was one of Justin McCarthy’s lieutenants, and now this. FFS.

Fair play to the players. I dare say more of them will go on to be senior intercounty hurlers than from the kk team today. Here’s hoping they get a competent manager when they hit 21s.