Limerick GAA - We get knocked down šŸ

Kilkenny in 04, Tipperary in 10 and Clare in 13 were all superior teams to any of those Limerick ones.
That Limerick team didnā€™t do squat after.

The reason was not because of their hurling ability. They never kicked on due to in fighting, assumptions it would happen, social culture and a weak county board. You can argue all you like about who was better than them. I fully accept they did fuck all after 02 but to say they didnt do it because of hurling ability is wrong

:smile: joke

Good luck to the Limerick minors

Believe it or not that ability to actually win at the highest level is what makes an athlete in their given sport.

They were taken to a replay by Cork in 2000, beat Tipp after extra time in a replay in 2002 and beat Tipp by a point in the Gaelic Grounds 2001, not the greatest u21 team of all time.

Clare in 13, the seniors?

Listen, that has been firmly put to bed. They took their opportunity, fair play to them, we would gladly take a soft one, but they have only beaten offaly since- Tipp and KK had off years in 13, it wasnā€™t a case of Clare having a great year. They have shown their form since.

Tipperary 79-81 were better, Cork did 4 in a row 68-71

These Clare fans are the new Utd fans, they only remember from 90ā€™s on. Limerick fans are the new Limerick fans, illogical, mad, fantastical cunts.

not up there soft ye had chaces

I will say the carry on of the Clare fans whilst enjoying unprecedented success at U21 level is funny. Tipp won 7 out of 8 Munster U21s from 78-85 and it still took them until 87 to win a Munster and 89 to win an All Ireland.

Joseph ā€¦ we would gladly take the softest All Ireland in the history of the game and all the * * * * * * * in the world we are so starved but Clareā€™s win in 13 was cheap. They are an average team, with one or two outstanding players, at best.

Not saying much about ye

13 was really unexpected and came way ahead of projections and has fucked them in many ways- instead of being able to mature a bit into a battled hardened team theyā€™ve done all their riding and drinking alreadyā€¦

Did I say any different? Always back to Limerick, Joeā€¦

What the fuck are you shitting on about?

Again, what the fuck are you on about?

No, Iā€™m just on about the individual U21 teams that were better than any of those Limerick three in a row teams.

Ah, a fruitless tasks reallyā€¦different agesā€¦ the players at 21 level today are semi professional compared to ten years ago. I tell you what tho, Limerick were certainly the best u21 team between 2000-2002. And iā€™d agree with you that Clare were certainly the best u21 team 2012-2014.

They were better teams than Limerick 2000-02