Limerick Hurling Book and Wexford's unsporting Hurlers

It’s true Wexford people are cunts,fair is fair!:clap:

Is that SLR giving the auld Irish speel at the start of it, by fuck he has the gape of an awful roaster…

gape ?

He does alright A real raw south Limerick accent,I imagined him to look completely different,with long golden locks and the like.

Similar to gatch, i.e the gatch of him

This book is very good according to reliable former forumite, smellthebenjy. Well done Henry Martin. :thumbsup:

I picked up a copy the other day so I will start it as soon as I learn to read.

I’m about half way through it. Very good read in fairness and excellently put together. There are some great tales from the 40’s and 50’s and battles between Ahane and Croom.

I have yet to reach the section on 1996 but I await eagerly confirmation on how unsporting those Wexford cunts really were/are.

[quote=“Phil Leotardo”]I’m about half way through it. Very good read in fairness and excellently put together. There are some great tales from the 40’s and 50’s and battles between Ahane and Croom.

I have yet to reach the section on 1996 but I await eagerly confirmation on how unsporting those Wexford cunts really were/are.[/quote]

Don’t have to go that far into the book to find an anecdote about those Wexford cunts. Didn’t Mickey Graham get his leg broken in three places by some Wexford cunt while running in to tap a goal in during the 72 league final? And the cunts went down the other end and scored a goal! (Kind of respect them for that though)

How bitter is Limerick?

[quote=“Phil Leotardo”]
I have yet to reach the section on 1996 but I await eagerly confirmation on how unsporting those Wexford cunts really were/are.[/quote]

don’t put yourself through it lad, it’s sort of hypnosis in reverse. i keep hoping i’ll snap out of it.

The auld Youtube link there appears to be broken, what happens in the video?

Are you running on Monday T_E?

Henry Martin is making his speech when Pat Fitz walks into the room. SLR then challenges him to a debate on stage, things get heated until Pat Fitz gets him a choke hold. The row is broken up and the launch continues.

You forgot to mention ciarancareyshurlingarmy in the background launching bottles in on top of SLR.

By the way, the link works fine there for me?

nope.
calf strain put an end to my slim hopes.
hadn’t clocked up enough miles anyway.

[quote=“myboyblue”]You forgot to mention ciarancareyshurlingarmy in the background launching bottles in on top of SLR.

By the way, the link works fine there for me?[/quote]

eh now, I was watching the door not the stage.

:guns:

Just watched the Youtube clip there. I must say i’m upset not to have seen the following legends in attendance:
a) Tom Ryan
b) Pat Fitz
c) Iron Mike Houlihan

Anyone picked up the book in Dublin?

Henry Martin seems like a thoroughly alright sort, as far as I can tell. :clap:

I have a copy of it sitting here but haven’t read it yet - sure it’s out of date already by now:rolleyes: