Limerick Liam wagon or Munster bandwagon?

I’ve just given you a snippet of the data. I can give you the full data if needs be.

Derry City does not count, it is in a foreign juristriction.

1 Like

They play in the league of Ireland.

They play in Londonderry, Northern Ireland.

Just like Swansea City play in Wales.

The internationally recognized Good Friday Agreement also let’s people from NI choose their nationality - Derry City as a club did this long before the GFA. Tim is a bigot and a pro union partitionist, I’d take no heed of his trolling, mate.

1 Like

look you are sticking on a non value added point
the fact that DCFC play in LOI makes it easier for the analysis as team from NI also play in the AIL and for fairness we can now analyse
City of Derry V Sundays Well in AIL 1a or what not and CCFC v DCFC in LOI PD
again
Leinster v Glasgow cannot permitted as it is not domestic - neither was Dundalk v Maccabi Tel Aviv or Cork CIty v Rosenburg
so if you have the AIL figues feel free to enlighten

No it is a salient point. You can claim your league is domestic with an International team involved.

We are talking about professional rugby vs professional soccer here at the highest tier in Ireland.

Irish rugby’s professional tier are the provinces, soccer are clubs.

yes but the provinces do not play in a domestic competition
they play in an international competition that is not relevent for the purpose of this discussion
im not sure how it is so confusing tim
Leinster playing Zebre is different to Shelbourne playing Cobh Ramblers

@Tim_Riggins is getting an awful chasing here…

its never an equal comparison to have the Provinces go against the domestic soccer league. For one, there are very few Irish rugby players playing abroad, so the best of the Irish rugby players play in Ireland. In soccer, there are hundreds of irish players playing in UK and beyond. So really we are looking at the second tier of Irish soccer players playing domestically. Whether or not if Ireland had a sustainable league that those players could stay home and play, it would be better. Would it be better supported is a whole different argument.

its real old money up there allright
the boys in the sheepskin coats from Montenotte and Lover’s Walk and the huaghty cork accents

So do all of the LoI clubs bud. Derry City are in a foreign juristriction.

Oirish soccer organises themselves the way they do, rugby football organizes themselves the way they do.

What way are Ulster rubby figure being used/broken down here if going by the rules laid down more than half the province is in a foreign jurisdiction …

its up to Riggins
but i presume @Tim_Riggins will be removing the 6k strong home attendance that Cork Con had based on Carter’s season ticket numbers when they played Rainey Old Boys or Ballynahinch as he has an issue with CCFC v DCFC been used
Fine Riggins - send on the numbers for all games so that do not include Ni based sides
im sure some of those huge dublin derby clashes like Terenure v Old Belevedere that they play in some old wan’s back garden would have large attendances

I’ve actually ran the numbers here.

In around 500 professional soccer matches north and south, soccer falls short of professional rugby’s attendances by c. 100k with rugby having just 64 games.

The average attendance for a pro soccer game in Ireland is about 2,300 (or your basic amateur schools rugby attendance in Donnybrook, not included above). The average attendance in rugby football is 18,300.

The figures are stark. I can provide you with a detailed listing and sourcing if required.

yes please send on the all ireland league (AIL ) attendances so we can examine how many people attend the top level of domestic rugby in the country

the league of Ireland is semi pro. As it is the AIL.

Provinces at the top level are professional.

1 Like

Riggins is done id say

oh look here come the South African Cheetahs to play munster…

2 Likes

:joy:

A different continent …