Limerick v Clare 2022 Munster final

I agree. The few games this Clare team has won in the last few years they looked like they had an extra gear, until they are actually tested in a game and they can’t bring themselves up to that level

It’s just not the same game at all WTB. A good thesis would be the effect of the back door on substantial come backs in games. Also my relish for the game has gone down massively with the introduction of the mandatory helmet. You can’t identify any character at all now. You don’t know if a fella is gone buckaroo, is mouthing, or is just walking around like a mute. The helmet has the whole thing banjaxed. I wouldn’t know a Limerick hurler if I met him in the street unless he had his personalised top on and was showing legs that looked like they’d been under the red lamp. The whole thing is now a waste of time. Underage and club is where it’s at now. The SHC is just one big whoopee cushion.

2 Likes

A bad delivery or hopeful high ball that goes wide is not a shot on goal. We had loads of those. See the one from our D which Richie boomed down past one man in the ff line and wide

After we got level, they hit five without reply. Their work rate was a level better, particularly from their forwards.
Now there is a reasonable argument to be made that a lot of it could be put down to experience and being “further down the line” but I guarantee you if we were still hurling we wouldn’t have beaten them.
They took their foot off the pedal for the last ten minutes and made most of their changes when the game was won.

Richie had two of those type iirc, Hannon and Hickey the others. I think they were all inside yer own 65, I’d say only one of those are counted there. Clare very obvious that they weren’t worried about letting Richie have the ball.

It is comical, he comes barrelling out with not one iota of what he wants to do with it. No bother, launch the fcuker up the field regardless of the outcome. We have a serious lack of full backs in Limerick, as stated Richie English is the best option for now but I believe William O’Meara is a lad who will make a cracking full back. We have a good batch of young hurlers. I think we are a year or so from seeing the real benefits. I would like a crack at a Wexford and maybe a Cork just to see if we could get over a team at a similar level at the moment.

1 Like

Clare also have the ability to beat Lk by 10 Pts should both teams meet later in the year. They won’t meet anyway .

Limerick lost yesterday when despite their half forward line and half back line doing well .

Both teams are average .

What age is this O’Meara lad? And would it be an option to fast-track him the way Dublin did with their young FB? I don’t really understand the logic in persisting with lads who aren’t going to improve at this stage.

FfS the kid was a minor last year but injured for most of it. One of these kids that we are great at hyping up. He will be on the short list for YHOTY by post 2500 without hitting a ball.

@raylan doing a superb job of winding up the boys here. :clap:

Tis easy to rise Limerick folk on this site .

Like who?

Me and you for openers .

1 Like

Cork are a good bit above Limerick’s level. Wexford probably are as well.

Ah in fairness every single Limerick poster on here said Clare would win on Sunday. I correctly predicted a 4 or 5 point win for ye. The faux confidence surge in the week leading up to the game is clearly a little TFK tradition of ours. The game went as most keen observers expected.

However, I would say that Clare were not as impressive as I expected, and Kelly’s total anonymity is a real worry for ye

1 Like

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

Why are Cork a good bit above Limerick’s level?

Pretty clear a lot of people are heavily over-rating Cork’s ability.

I would disagree with that completely. Wexford have beaten Limerick once in the last 8 or so meetings, that was by two points in Wexford Park where Limerick may have gotten a slight raw deal. A lot of the younger players played against each other at u21 where Limerick gave them a canning. We played them in the league 2 years ago, another hammering, we played them in the championship 3 years ago, another hammering. I would back Limerick against Wexford or Cork.

Your a brave man after the scutter they threw up on Sunday

I am fairly sure you will see loads more scuttle this year from teams.