Limerick v Cork, tits done now

Thatā€™s nonsense, iā€™ve said about three times now Flanagan edges it over Dowling for the Cork game for me. Some of ye are bananas.

Heā€™s back doing a bit but wonā€™t be ready. Too soon.

The point is without the constant movement, there is no way we score that much. The one day our off the ball movement dropped, we scored just 15 points.

At any level, from minor to junior club to senior intercounty, the movement of forwards and selfless running can make teams and it can be a very hard thing to instil in players.

Our players are all happy to open up space for each other and itā€™s huge. Could we be even slicker? Of course. The interplay between our half-forward lined and full-forward line could definitely improve, but itā€™s still the best forward play for Limerick in my lifetime.

2 Likes

Typing a few words on my phone isnā€™t much effort mate, I think itā€™s an interesting conversation and I think Iā€™m an unbiased observer, thereā€™s definitely a pro Flanagan agenda being built up here

1 Like

Mediocre at best? Youā€™ve got very very high standards.

Ah lovely, at each otherā€™s throats and still 12 days to throw in.

The Limerick fucking hurlers. :ronnyroar:

8 Likes

There was more than the goal chances that need to be analysed.
Our puckouts were all over the place
Kilkenny had our puckout stragety cover with Richie hogan out at centre forward. Cody lost the match by moving him back in. This was due to the fact that Sean Finn was beating TJ Reid up a stick and Cody needed Reid to go well. He would have been better off leaving Hogan outside.

You may have very low standards mate, this is more of it, how wild you describe his performances since PĆ”irc Ui Chaoimh if not mediocre? Heā€™s an inter county inside forward

He comes under the microscope for a few reasons:

1. Heā€™s a player who wouldnā€™t have been an expected starter when the panel was named.

2. He was largely peripheral to the two U21 successes. In fact, if I recall, his only gametime was in the 2016 defeat to Tipperary. Hence, a lot of people are not that familiar with him.

3. He has, to be fair, exceeded expectations since breaking into the team.

4. Heā€™s from the heart of West Limerick so that will always attract a certain lunatic fringe.

2 Likes
  1. Heā€™s the son of Sean Flanagan. Good stock.

Is there any other kind back there

1 Like

Thatā€™s all fair enough. But it doesnā€™t excuse the lack of honest discussion around his contributions

The first Cork cunt that walks in here will be e-gutted

Agree completely on the puckouts and said as much yesterday. I noticed the mythical Seamie running for them two or three times but the delivery from Quaid was delayed. Tom Morrissey also.

Far too many balls go out over the sideline.

1 Like

Weā€™ve got one in here already, analysing Limerick players, but he doesnā€™t give a fuck about it apparently :roll_eyes:

Thatā€™s specious reasoning.

We were bet all over the field v Clare and the three weeks has to have been a factor in it. But the biggest malfunctions were our backs (with management making some very odd calls), mids, and particularly our half forward line.

Itā€™s funny that the Waterford game is completely ignored and the Clare game isnā€™t. You can read as much from one as the other. But the focus on the full forwards v Clare boggles my mind considering our middle third that day, including some very obvious no shows.

Heā€™s the brother of Sean Flanagan. His father would be known as John or Johnny.

3 Likes

I thought he was excellent against Waterford, he was poor against Clare and he was pretty good against Kilkenny, although he tired noticeably.

And his performance against Cork was as good an all-round performance as Iā€™ve seen from a Limerick player. Up there with Shaughs vs Waterford & Clare in 2007.

He must be one of the frontrunners for Young Hurler of the Year.

the lads receive the ball with their feet on the line. Itā€™s always a risk when you try to make the field as big as possible and hit it 70/80 yards.

I thought Quaidā€™s puck outs were ok to be fair. The short ones found their man and the long ones bar a few hit the target. I think heā€™s getting blamed for lads missing a first touch or hitting their balls in wayward.

as an addendumā€¦ Eoin Murphy who is being lauded as an all-star in waiting puck outā€™s were absolutely shocking.

sorry. you are correct.

1 Like