Limerick v Cork, tits done now

Watched the game on gaago in the states. Having a well deserved pint now. The Dow. Thought English played very well. Fuck it we’ve a great chance now. HĂ©gos hurling has come on a ton. Luimneach abu

4 Likes

Thought English was fantastic today. Hannon also solid out

5 Likes

:grinning:

Not many words other than “epic”. Enjoy the night lads.

The Dow is the best pure hurler around, a joy to watch

The stream failed in Cancun so listened to mullane on the wireless. Nine screaming Limerickans. I’ve never been as tense in my life!!

6 Likes

No energy left fucked but delighted! One more game now lads keep the heads and chill the beans.

70 minutes from the promised land we have been here before though so we need to keep things calm for the next 3 weeks

Much has been made about Nicky Quaids brilliant stop. I think Harnedy made it possible by coming in on his left. He obviously had a dead leg after Richie English buried his knee in Harnedys left thigh in the first half so in that moment he obviously felt that planting the right foot and taking the shot as opposed to planting the left foot which would have opened the whole goal was the better option albeit a lower percentage one.

It was so so so good all the same.

What a man, hon Nicky!

RonalDOW

DOWnald Trumps Cork

1 Like

It was, Burke was gone off at that stage. Both were wearing green helmets so understandable confusion.

I was a shivering disaster

1 Like

No he wasn’t. I thought it was Cathal

I think I posted it on here at the time but that free from Dowling a minute after coming on and the free from Gillane out on the sideline showed some balls. But the save from Quaid was outstsnding. Not many keepers would have even attempted it. Doesn’t matter why Harnedy cut back in, thats his favoured side. Great to see Limerick kick on in extra time. Nothing to fear from Galway or Clare.

3 Likes

It was Cathal.

1 Like

Burke wasn’t off though

I’m pretty sure the block referenced was right at the end of extra time, Galway turned the ball over and before we could get a shot off Owens the cunt blew the final whistle.
When did David Burke go off? Early in extra time?

NĂ­ckies save/flick was unreal and the saving of the game. It looked a certain goal. He made another great save too earlier