Limerick v Kilkenny 2’19

Limerick, if they’re tuned in like the Munster Final*. But it’s hard in muldoon sports to maintain a level of controlled but manic aggression if everything works a treat in the previous game.

*I haven’t seen the Munster Final.

Shorter than any Carkie anyway

1 Like

Limerick actually lost to the limerick B team the other night which should help focus the minds.

Colin Fennelly could cause absolute wreck / do untold.

He could, but the same was said about Johnny Glynn last year. Mike Casey is in great form, was outstanding in the Munster final. I’d agree that his battle with Fennelly will be pivotal but I have every confidence in Casey

Johnny glynn is useless. Whelan, mannion and canning would have posed Casey far more problems. Jj Delaney said it i think. As a back you want to mark somebody like glynn. Casey is class with hannon in front of him. Hannon cuts out the space for low balls to go in. If hannon is pulled out Casey will be exposed imo. He’s brilliant at unsettling defenders under a ball and just being awkward. Very difficult to mark fennelly If there’s space around him.

Johnny Glynn just stood up there beside him. Fennelly will test him every which way.

Glynn is a one trick pony.

But Joe Brolly said that Johnny Glynn is better than Colin Fennelly

Joe brolly said James o Donohue was better than the gooch. Last week he said o Donohue was useless. He also added Paul geaneys was finished. Brolly is a clown.

1 Like

Joe Brolly said that Shane Lowry is a much more successful golfer than Tiger Woods

Well that just proves my point.

I think Casey matches up well with Fennelly, I don’t see a reason to overly worry about that match up at all.

1 Like

Has Casey ever marked Fennelly before that we could judge him on it?

I don’t really rate Seamus callanan and he should have Walked of the field with 2-4 only for a miracle save. I think fennelly when not injured is a vastly superior player.

Don’t remember Fennelly playing last year. Young Mike Casey had a fine game though.

1 Like

Did they mark each other in the league this year?

Callinan, Messi, Canning , Lowry… :joy:
You’re a gas man.

Richie Hogan did wreck for 20 odd minutes last year… He’s back in form and fit this year, a big worry.

We can simply assign Hannon to follow Hogan and mark him out of the game. Hannon has the hurling for him.