Limerick v Kilkenny 2’19

Under no circumstances will Hannon follow anyone

8 Likes

Absolutely not, WOD to drop into the pocket.

If we weather the first half I think we’ll be fine… The worry is the long layoff and kk coming out going for the jugular early…

Limerick had 4 good goal chances in the first half alone last year… Another 2 glorious chances second half… Cork should have had 7 goals against them last week…

Are you saying Hannon isn’t mobile enough for Hogan?

No I’m saying Hannon doesn’t mark anyone, much less follow them out the field. He sits back and covers.

2 Likes

If Hannon follows RH Kk have serious space to attack .

WOD will be all over him.

Mul will see more of Hogan than Hannon will

WOD for centre back? I suppose he plays there for na piarsaigh.

Or Kyle Hayes. Letting Hannon man mark him is suicide. Our fullback will be cleaned if there’s gaping holes in front of him. We need Hannon to sit In that pocket.

NAP will be the winning of this…that winning mentality will get us over the line… The more nap on the field the better.

1 Like

I doubt wod will be picking up anybody only his midfield number. Hayes, hego and morrissey can cover the likes of hogan dropping into that middle third. Their men won’t track back. If Hannon follows hogan or any centre forward it’ll be as stupid as the time tipp got lar to mark Tommy Walsh. Limerick need Hannon cutting out the low ball. Basically sweeping and then distributing the ball into the forwards. He’s the last fella I’d let man mark anybody.

1 Like

Limerick will win by at least 7 but we’ll keep them honest for an hour anyway.
I’m just happy we’re in it because I’ll be at it :grinning:

2 Likes

A Hannon marking job is the last thing we’d want on Richie Hogan. We need the couple of good players we have to have some sort of influence on the game

You wont have to worry about it, he won’t be marking anyone… Especially that little twerp.

Hannon isn’t a man marker. He’s a sweeper.

People went on about marking Tony Kelly and I certainly thought he needed watching but in the end, it didn’t matter. If the work ethic from all the half-forwards and midfield is good enough, there simply won’t be space.

Hogan is good but TJ is the real danger.

Ssh. Don’t say the s word. He’s a deep lying playmaker

Big fear back in KK that Hannon will be the marker which means more of an influence for WOD. We think the Limerick fullback line is the best in the country