Limerick v Kilkenny 2’19

I would add tho did tipp ride and limerick simply out lasted them I’m not sure there was a huge tactical switch that turned the game imo. If it’s a wet day I don’t believe limerick can recover from a slow start. Cody plays croke park in the wet so well.

What rain? Nice weekend in store

Last I looked we will be getting heavy rain.

When did you last look? - Be a grand day - cloudy at times and a few periods of sun - 20/21 degrees

1 Like

Have Kilkenny named their team?

If I was managing Kilkenny on Saturday I’d clog the two 45s. Man mark hannon and play one man inside the 45. Crowd lynch and hannon and force Finn, English, Byrnes and Morrissey to play long balls. That won’t suit Graeme and Peter Casey. Stopping hannon and lynch and you’ll go a long way to beating limerick. They pull the strings. Leaving fennelly on Casey inside the 45 and possibly close to our goal is a difficult situation. Fennelly has the size and scope but can run with the ball. It makes Casey’s task really difficult if the ball can come low or high or into the corners. He’ll need cover. Best case is if Casey forces fennelly out to the sideline id be worried about our half back line on the turn. I think that’s how you beat limerick. You create space between our half backs and fullback line. Crowd lynch and hannon. Last year when our short passing game was stopped by cork we had the long option to flanagan who set up lynchs goal. We don’t have that option this year.

1 Like

PJ TJ DJ JJ a few walshes and a few Hogan’s

No, Cody is a traditionalist.

And a Blanchfield.

And few Norman powder-pissers

1 Like

Aylwardton , Shefflington,

You should go into management lad, you’re wasted here on TFK.

1 Like

Just looking at it there, in the last 20+ years Kilkenny beat reigning Munster champions in semi finals by double digits on average. Clare In 97 was the last time, actually only time we were ever beaten by the Munster champs in an AI semi.

History and tradition are on our side for tomorrow night.

1 Like

We’ll be lucky to keep it pucked out to ye.

I presume as KK were generally Leinster champs they met the Munster champs very rarely in a semi final?

You can’t play history and tradition in the full back line. They won’t stop Gillane pissing through for a couple of goals

1 Like

And they all related to Fennellys somehow

I don’t think our mindset is right for this one. The players are squabbling over who gets to cut the ribbon for m&s and who gets what sponsorship deals with the franchise’s going into Arthur’s quay.

Smug and cocky mindsets go there I’m afraid. Munster and Limerick supporters are both

You’re very rattled today kid. All ok?

This could be the greatest game ever seen in Croke Park

1 Like