Limerick v Kilkenny 2’19

Limerick vs Kilkenny rivalry is the new Limerick vs Galway

Be ready to buy yere tickets for Thurles next Sunday

Rattled? Ready more like

I’ll see you at the replay

1 Like

If I see a KK shirt floating around tomorrow I’m gonna fuck you up.

1 Like

will they name a team any time soon?

Named the minor team tbf

Kilkenny team to face Limerick:

1. Eoin Murphy

2. Paul Murphy

3. Huw Lawlor

4. Joey Holden

5. Conor Fogarty

6. Padraig Walsh

7. Paddy Deegan

8. Conor Browne

9. Richie Leahy

10. John Donnelly

11. TJ Reid

12. Walter Walsh

13. Adrian Mullen

14. Colin Fennelly

15. Richie Hogan

For limerick to win I’d be thinking Aran Gillane and Tom morrissey will have to catch fire. Our half forward line will be dropping as per usual but I wonder will kilkennys have back line sit a little deeper? I can see them trying to cut out any potential low ball or diagonals into our full forward line as best they can by creating a wall of sorts. If our full forward line is left 3 v 3 on their fullback line in space we will win imo. They’ll rely on their forwards to clog up the middle. This might give limerick some room to run at if our short passing game holds up. Limerick need as many deep runners to be effective on Saturday. Kyle, Gearoid, wod and cian Lynch need to be drawing out the Kilkenny backs and passing the ball off to our scorers in Pete Casey and Graeme. Looping runs from the corners will be the order of the day from these boys. Isolating arran Gillane on Hugh lawlor could be another telling contest. If Gillane can get the better of this aerial duel he can score goals. Our full back line are brilliant at man marking and upsetting their men. Very good off the ball but they get serious protection. I’m not sure what Limerick can do but I’d be shocked if they Kilkenny don’t go straight after Hannon over and over again. Hammer the hammer. WOD is a real physical presence and maybe he’ll be used to check runners. I think this will be a titanic battle and it’s possible it ends up in a draw.

2 Likes

That’s a seriously heavy 6 forwards.

Is Buckley not fit or what?

Off the top of my head kk only have 3 players starting and playing in the same positions as last year. They made 3 changes to the announced team too so their could be changes yet.

His knee is banjaxed

He only came back v cork

He played the first half in Wexford Park but O’Keeffe did untold and he didn’t reappear for the second half. Didn’t feature in Leinster Final and then played against Cork.

He got injured for dicksboro I thought in club championship and missed the Leinster final because of it.

Incorrect again

That’s clearly a dummy team… @the_mixer_walsh already informed us Hogan has no chance of starting.

Cody’s tenure ends today.

Fuck the cats.

3 Likes