Limerick v Kilkenny 2’19

Excuses at the ready

1 Like

So you can’t call out a clearly biased ref in a game you’ve no skin in. And you can’t clearly in a game you do without being accused of bias. Interesting viewpoint.

Was in limerick a few days each of the last 2 weeks and never heard such arrogance from limerick hurling supporters. The monday after the AI was booked off and hotels in dublin were booked.
Thats an ordinary kk team but they worked much harder than lk.
I blame management. Resting players for a Munster championship match is arrogant and tells the group we can switch it on when we want. I was in lahinch for the golf and saw 3 limerick hurlers & their birds swanning round with their chests out.
Tbere is a soft AI there for someone this year and lk have fucked away the opportunity to win it.

12 Likes

that is it in a nutshell. Limerick need to learn from this episode or they will disappear

They didn’t bring Liam into enough pubs last winter.

1 Like

We had to leave somewhere for you to read in peace

Reminded me a bit of the 2011 Final, Kk won the game in the 1st 15 mins.

Wait til they come just in the door from coppers

2 Likes

Cody is some motivator.

1 Like

The ref left lk in it for long periods. Id prefer lk management ask gillane to stop holding the hurley, this one will backfire soon enough.
Hegsrty throwing himself down after he lost the ball was embarrassing.
Kk were better and the ref rode them for long periods. Lk supporters did a lot of booing but i hope in the cold light of day lk people are more magnanimous in defeat than rhey have shown so far.

How many times did I say it the last few weeks. The dreaded lay off post Munster final was always going to be an issue for a team proven to be poorest ‘fresh’

1 Like

Yup — it was the one thing I was nervous about all week, just surviving that first 20 minutes … but too many lads never showed up… I thought management were very slow to make subs also.

Congrats Kilkenny. Can’t expect to win with fifteen wides.

4 Likes

Tipp tipp tipp

1 Like

The Richie McCarthy chant wasn’t heard after the 2nd minute, I think that probably got to the players as well.

He’s unreal. Yanked a lad again with a minute left in the first half. Zero tolerance, like all great leaders. Kiely looking at lads who were under performing for 50 minutes and left a lad on for an entire half who clearly wasn’t well.

1 Like

And ten passengers

Peter Casey lasted until the 65th minute. He was anonymous

7 Likes

Great post. The sheer arrogance of Keily and co thinking you can pick and chose your matches, even in Munster, and fellas on here cheerleading his decisions saying hes only playing the system. A lot for Limerick to learn but this bunch are genuinely talented and assuming they do learn lessons and cut out the nouveau riche arrogant approach they adopted this year they will have a say for a few years yet.

Is Seamus Flanagan injured? He was the key player for Limerick in the final last year.

1 Like