Limerick v Kilkenny 2’19

The Dow and Nash should have been on from the start, and Seamus Flanagan if he has recovered from a broken finger of two months ago. Dowling looked in the best shape he has ever been in and is a man for the big occasion. Nash is a better hurler than at least half the Limerick starting 15.

1 Like

As far as I know a linesman is not allowed to adjudicate on wides or scores or 65s.

So much for Seamus Flanagan and his big talk back in the spring.

7 Likes

I said it at the time keep the mouth shut and do the talking on the field.

1 Like

Enough of the winding up. Hard luck Limerick lads, Ye have some special cases like Esteban and mouses but generally a sound group of posters.

Lost on the line, all kk could do was take space away from the full forward line like cork did and hope for the best, but Keily didn’t have a plan b then or since, hard keep young lads heads down. Rahoons alan Kelly nearly got Ye over the line, maybe rahoons tony og left a bit in the locker. Ye’ll be back, but don’t underestimate the leinster championship, it might look poor quality but it’s savage tough

Sure he started already this year and did nothing

Jesus Fennelly made shit of Sean Finn for that goal

1 Like

Adrian Mullen surely has YHOTY wrapped up

1 Like

I felt today all of lk were just waiting for ‘the system’ to kick in, like waiting for a train to arrive.

Kk are not without tactics but they are still true to every forward winning 50.50 ball.

Lk management need a big shake up for next year.
Kinnerks system is grand against soft lads like Tipp cork and Clare who can be bullied and will never match you for work but we need to evolve and not in a slow gradual way.

Ah well it was a good year. A one point loss with missing the goal chance and a whole series of shots inside the 45 is something we have ttake on the chin. We will come again

7 Likes

I keep hearing about this great service ‘the Dow’ had given to Limerick before finally tasting glory last year. Can anyone tell me when exactly this took place?

All I can ever remember of him is a fat substitute who wasn’t committed enough to ever get himself in shape, and who might knock over a free or two when he came on. They seem to have invented some completely new history for him out of thin air.

11 Likes

If they lose the Munster rugby bandwagon sunshine supporters after today it’ll be a good thing in the long run for Limerick.

In keilys defence he didn’t want to be in the munster final, knew what a waste of time it was.

?

I suppose you didnt take the route you took with watherfords paul flynn that time.

I think for most teams as young as Limerick it would be a harsh but valuable lesson. But with Limerick you wouldn’t know.

He will make you eat them words in next summers championship when he comes off the bench and scores against us from play for the first time in his career

1 Like

A lot of lads unloading a serious amount of pent up seethe tonight :grin:

3 Likes

It’s actually cheering me up a bit

That was disappointing. Didn’t manage to reach previous levels of intensity. Despite the 65, we probably didn’t deserve a draw, had our chances and didn’t take them. Cody is something else, and TJ is an all time great hurler, a joy to watch.

I really hope Wexford win it out.

4 Likes

And what the fuck have you ever done with your life? What a cowardly post by an anyomouns waster. I don’t mind lads hopping ball but personal attacks on an amateur player is pathetic.

5 Likes