Limerick v Kilkenny 2’19

You could argue there’s no true greats playing at the moment. I’d rate Reid highly.

Who am I mocking? You’re the ape that said Mul should be dropped.

1 Like

Ifs and buts. He didn’t though. Henry did. The greats don’t look for excuses.

And John kielys all Ireland senior and under 21 winning manager, league winning manager and Munster championship winning manager dropped him for the very next game. I was correct he had to be dropped.

You come on here & try to educate lads on Horse Racing, Drug importation and Hurling and they abuse the shit out of you. I don’t know how you put up with it.

So because Kilkenny won a penalty and Cork didn’t Shefflin is better :laughing:

:grinning:

Was he or was he not dropped for the game I said he should be dropped for?

No because in the final few minutes shelffin stepped up and scored the penalty. Callanan missed his v Galway. Horgan stud in the corner. Waving his arms.

Only John Kiely knows the answer to that … Do you think Lynch and Hego were also dropped?

you come on here to lick other lads arses.
Any tips lads.

I’d say you’ve a tongue like a tabby at this stage

Yes I believe all 3 were dropped for various reasons. You have to speculate to accumulate. If your standing still you are going backwards. In my opinion our corner forwards in order of ability are 1) Casey 2) Gillane 3) Graeme. I think we are spoilt here and all 3 are very good players. I do believe though on his best form flanagan is our best 14. He isn’t as good as the other three in pure hurling. I think after our opening 3 games our forward play wasn’t great. I wanted Graeme dropped as I believe having an orthodox 14 ie flanagan would significantly improve the team. It isn’t a personal thing or not rating mulcahy. He’s very good. It was about improving the team as a whole. I was wrong but it was 100 percent worth a look as we definitely learned something. Just like starting Dowling was the right call. We saw what he had to offer from the start. Some People on here call themselves limerick fans but they mock Kyle Hayes or other players because of their clubs or whatever. All that should count is what they offer the limerick team. It doesnt matter if your blue or black or whatever or wherever you are from. If you improve the limerick team you should be supported.

It was possible to assess everything you said and not drop players either … Peter Casey has delivered 1 game so far in his Limerick career. Lynch, Hego and Mul were all rested - it was a game to nothing — all three brought straight back in for the MF. I dotn know what the last part is about

1 Like

The players that were given their chance didn’t perform but that doesn’t make the decision to drop the players wrong or incorrect. You could argue hego and cian lynch had their best games in the Munster final.

Of course they did, after been given a rest by management.

As I said I’ve gave my reasons why I thought mul should be dropped at the time. We can agree to disagree but it doesn’t really matter who starts you should still support the players that cross the line.

I’ve never not supported them mate.

Some people seem to only support certain players because of the clubs they are from. Which isn’t on imo.

I know fuck all about horse racing or drug importation, he knows fuck all about hurling. But at least he has an opinion. You come on here trying to tag onto others who have an alternative view from others, spending your day giving likes to bullshit theories, must be the Tipperary inbreeding in you

I always liked PAt Horgan as a hurler. He has excellent wrists and is a brilliant finisher and they are outstanding qualities to have. But aside from that I think he lacks other skills to be considered a true great. Thought his workrate could be suspect at times and was often well shackled. He certainly matured in the last few years and become an outstanding finisher. A fine hurler but not a great for me, regardless of A/I medals

If you were picking a forward line from his era 2008 to 2019 would you have him down as a certain starter?

At their peak I would have Callinan, Canning, Shefflin, Lar Corbett, Richie Hogan and TJ Reid all ahead of him and Eoin Larkin and John Mullane as well, although you could argue that a good portion of their best days were in the years before 2008.

6 Likes