Limerick v Kilkenny 2’19

The best of luck to Wexford. It would be great for ye to try and drive it home. Nothing there to stop ye doing so.

The Tipp 5 in a row team of 2019

@maroonandwhite

7 Likes

…or maybe the Galway curse has seeped in and their minds were on the races.
Starts Monday, I bet there will be a fair few of them there.

Calm down dear. Ye only have yourselves to blame for releasing the club results online.

Are you sober yet? You were spouting some gibberish last night

1 Like

Hard luck Limerick, it was a definite 65 at the end, was sitting right behind it, the result was fair though. Limerick found it very hard to build up any momentum which was mainly down to how hard KK worked.

There was a stage in the 2nd half were Limerick were really getting on top in the backs and I felt they’d push on and win by 5 points, the forwards let them down massively however, particularly the half forward line.

2 Likes

Yeah I thought around 45 mins in we started to get control but the wides just killed us… A lot of them under no pressure at all. That’s the sickening thing, not the 65.

3 Likes

Sober now mate. Missed the game unfortunately, but I’ve continued to say it, it’s very hard to back against kilkenny in any single game, the bigger the game, the better for them. Comment suggests that limerick had the rub of the green in the refereeing decisions also. I hope to be able to watch it next week. I said here before that I thought kk would be a formidable obstacle for limerick, who I still think are the best team about.
Kk just grind it out against anyone. Always equal to, or better than the sum of their parts, and always 100% on the big day. Genuinely open competition between the top nine or ten sides. It’s actually great to see.

2 Likes

A bunch of mullockers.

How did Kylie go?

Interesting to see how few here backed Kilkenny

1 Like

:angry:

If it’s a kk tipp final he’ll be able to get his ticket. A win win.

2 Likes

That’s because limerick are a better team and it was the sensible prediction. Limerick created plenty of chances to win that game but in typical GAA fashion it’s being analysed like Kilkenny totally deserved to win it despite the margin only being 1 point.

1 Like

He was shocking. Should have got the curly finger earlier.

I’m pleased KK won as it’ll be easier for us Wexford people to let tickets for KK Wex than a Lim Wex final.

The minor result was interesting. Hard to know with chaps but gives us a decent shout today even though Galway are the talking horse at minor.

KK could easily have lost it but I dont think there is any question but they totally deserved to win it. The ref kept Limerick in it for much of the middle third of the game with some v handy decisions. KK couldn’t buy a free for a spell.

Being over analysed and over estimated… In the final 10 minutes Limerick were denied two blatant frees and a clear 65…Limerick shooting was the difference.