Limerick v Kilkenny 2’19

Do you remember Seamus Shinners?

Yeah. Why?

On the flip side how many times did they whack the ball down on top of a spare man?

1 Like

Didn’t see the match yesterday but it didn’t surpirse me to see the Leinster team win. Leinster hurling is much more tactically evolved that Munster hurling.

2 Likes

Shooting had been this teams Achilles heel over the past 3 years but generally they have been able to create enough chances to paper over the cracks. However when games are tight and physical you need to be clinical with your chances and Limerick were very wasteful.

Just saw a tweet asking could Hawkeye have intervened in the 65 incident :grinning:

1 Like

Ah no just lads talking about meltdowns in Croke park is all

That tipp cunt

Everyone saying how good Kilkenny were but limerick hit some easy wides and missed a great goal chance. Limerick left the game beyond them in my opinion, be kicking themselves.

2 Likes

The Tipperary goalkeeper that Babs drafted in for Galway for 1979.

3 Likes

Was he a Tipp man? I never knew that

Never knew that Geoff. Every days a school day

He was

1 Like

Be the hokey.

This is it… KK played out of their skins and Limerick were at 60% and still only 1 point… 9 very bad wides under no pressure.

1 Like

Basically a reversal of last years all ireland

1 Like

You could say that… Our goal chance also probably fell to the wrong man near the end, he could easily have taken it on a couple of steps.

Crew of us at the Galway v Waterford All Ireland Final in 2017, including a mate from Limerick who worked in the forestry with Shinnors back in the day. When Callanan let in that howler of a goal, my Limerick mate (who was sitting three seats over from me), shouted over to me that’s a bad a goalkeeping fuck up as I’ve seen in a final since Seamus Shinnors. Three birds sitting straight in front of us in Galway colors turned around and one of them announced they were daughters of Seamus Shinnors.

7 Likes

I think Reidy looked a bit nervy when he scored his point, held it too long and was very nearly hooked, the angle for the goal chance was very tight, tapping over a point at that stage may have been the better option

3 Likes

A deer in head lights.