Limerick v Kilkenny 2’19

This makes me wish I supported KK.

How many sensational goals has he scored. How many times has he come up with the big play that has saved the game for limerick. He is a player that makes things happen, it’s a waste having him on the bench.

He’s a genius.

Should Murphy have saved Dowlings goal?

No chance. That was unstoppable because it was so unexpected.

1 Like

Yes. Great skill but he got beat by a bat from nearly the 21

If Callanan had done it we’d be talking about it for years. Was an outrageously instinctive goal from the Dow.

1 Like

It was great skill but should have been saved

Murphys the best keeper in the business and he didnt have a chance.

Have some context. Dowling came on in 2012. We’ve won two Munster finals and one an all Ireland final in that time. He started none of those games in that period. Between 2015 to 2017 we lost every game v the top 8 teams bar one v Clare and he started all of them or at least most of them. He blows extremely hot and cold from the start. Only time he’s been consistent for limerick has been coming off the bench. He’s a good player capable of the sublime but he mixes him with the awful. He should have been on earlier alright but the notion he should off started is bizarre and strikes as personal bias. We played 5 games before the Kilkenny game and he done next to nothing in any of them.

2 Likes

He did have a chance, he should have saved it

It was more or less in the corner and the power that he generated was unreal, mate.

Was as good a goal as I’ve seen technically in years. Particularly given where Limerick were at the time in massive game.

It was a great goal Murphy was surprised and totally caught off guard. He didn’t think it was on.

1 Like

Nothing you say about dowling, or a number of other Limerick players, can be taken at face value. Good luck and thanks.

It wasn’t directly in the corner and was as powerful as you could expect given that he batted it which is not very in the grand scheme of things. Great skill and improvisation but I think it should have been saved

No saving that, rev up and fuck right off.

1 Like

It’s factual glas you jut don’t like it. We have won two Munsters and a senior all Ireland without him starting. Now you want him starting after his worst year on the basis of a Hail Mary type play. He’s a brilliant sub. No doubt about it and he’s very suited to that role.

Dowling has an odd standing amongst the media too. He’s been lately described as a great servant. It’s like people think he’s 35 or something.

1 Like

We’d have won no all Ireland without him.

Most lads with his talent would have fucked off by now at being a sub all the time