Limerick v Kilkenny - All Ireland Final 2022 - The Hego final

The klaxons have sounded! It’s up to the Big House to sway the President of the GAA to a more favourable ref.

The Kilkenny boys pleased with this possible appointment - TJ Reid will hit around 20 frees.

1 Like

It’s all about Special Teams. KHS made a career out of it.

All we want is some manly hurling, as Eddie Keher would say.

2 Likes

Reminds me a bit of Galway’s All-Ireland in 2017. Think they didn’t score a goal in the Leinster semi against Offaly, Leinster final against Wexford, AI semi-final against Tipp or All-Ireland final against Waterford but out pointed everyone.

On that basis I’ll go for Limerick 0-28 Kilkenny 1-23 as my prediction.

1 Like

Maybe. But I can’t think of any frees that he didn’t give that were fouls.

Hopefully he enjoys his few days below in Adare

Bad news for Kilkenny.

He is really poor, it is not likely to suit either team in truth. How the game in Ennis was officiated was one of the worst I have seen.

Colm Lyons would be a Munster referee for a 3rd year in a row in the final for Limerick. Some going.

Controversy Imminent.

These things balance out. Remarkably, Kilkenny had Leinster referees in all six All Ireland Final matches that they played between 2011 and 2016, and also in 2008. In 2007 and 2009, they had Diarmuid Kirwan, who was born in Offaly but had moved to Cork. I couldn’t be arsed going back any further.

Edit: also in 2006. Unbelievable the influence Cody held over the GAA

Keenan has got an awful raw deal since the Munster final.

6 Likes

You would know by CL’s body language he is poor. I also would not trust him where Kilkenny are concerned.

1 Like

As a Cork man, he probably can’t stick Limerick or Kilkenny so he’s probably a fair enough appointment*

• i have no idea whatsoever whether he is a good referee or not

Does “letting a game go” mean ignoring a foul when its a foul, rather than slowing the game down by stopping for a free?

It’s largely a meaningless phrase to describe a good game.

1 Like

I’ve given you much more credit than you deserve if you actually believe that.

A nasty post.

2 Likes

There’s a lack of definition of what exactly is a tackle in hurling. Some refs err on the side of blowing anything that might be a foul, other refs only blow when they are happy it is a foul.

Not sure what trouble you have in understand that unless you’re deliberately trying to be awkward.

2 Likes