Limerick v Kilkenny - All Ireland Final 2022 - The Hego final

Tis a prediction :grin:

A friend has a Limerick season ticket, he missed the Tipp match and used a ticket I gave him to go to Clare game in Ennis cos wanted to stand beside me in terrace. Attended all other games under his own ticket.

We were both under the impression that “no attendance requirements for AI tickets” meant he didn’t need to worry about not using ticket for every game.

But it seems that “no attendance” does not equate to “no purchase”. Sneaky and deliberately misleading. They still want you to purchase, but don’t give a shit if you don’t attend. Wankers.

1 Like

You’d be fair sore if you were caught out by that.

1 Like

I’ve heard of people missing out as they bought their ticket for the Galway game on the Ticketmaster site and not via the season ticket portal. A bad blunder.

There’s an intense period of weather forecast for next Weekend, I don’t think there’s ever been a ‘Heatwave’ All-Ireland.

It is advantage Limerick.

2 Likes

Be interesting to see how all those big muscles operate in the heat allright.

Who wins the replay?

You haven’t a clue.

Did missing one ticket purchase disqualify a season ticket holder? I thought you needed to miss two

Miss the purchase of 2 tickets.

2017 qualifier in Nowlan Park too. Although they managed to atone for that in the 2018 quarter-final. You’d nearly forget Kiely was there in 2017, a real bedding in year before the surge of belief came in 2018 from that comeback win in Salthill to clinch promotion from division 1B. That spring day in 18’ against Galway was a seismic win even though they had the talent coming in the right age bracket (early 20’s).

4 Likes

You have to select opt out on one game at most

Limerick always go well in the sweltering heat

9 Likes

Tipp and Cork in 2013, scorchers

3 Likes

The 2 Leinster final games in 2018 were scorchers during the day, nearly melted in Thurles for the replay. 2013 had some too, I remember KK playing evening games against Waterford and Tipp during that hot spell. Having one for a Final will be novel for this year at least.

Munster Final last year is one of the hottest games I can ever remember. Tipp came out of the blocks alright, but we powered home in sweltering heat.

12 Likes

Yes 18th of July, bang in the middle of last years Heatwave.

Advantage Kilkenny… A lot of slim players that will run all day… The heat will murder Limerick.

2 Likes

What sort temperatures would we need to hit before there’s calls for the game to be called off or delayed till the evening ?

I assume there’s extra time here too? If Dublin v Kerry went to extra time yesterday I’d say somebody would have collapsed.