Limerick v Kilkenny - All Ireland Final 2022 - The Hego final

@thelimericks will have all Irelands against two top tier counties (Cork and Kilkenny). I’d say their only regret is that Tipp are so shite they won’t get a chance to bate the shite out of them in a final.

I’m in a pickle. I was very much Pro-Limerick in 2018 but I’ve worn weary of the Facebook essays after All-Ireland successes. A lad I was in college even posted a long paragraph after ye beat Clare in the 65 shootout in the league Quarter-Final of 2018 and he never even played GAA at club level at underage😅 I have romantic ties to Kilkenny these days so I’ve mellowed towards them but not to the extent that I’d actively support them I think.

2 Likes

You don’t see many of the Limerick lads on here with that kind of background

2 Likes

I’d say if it meant you got the hop that night you’d shout for KK!!

5 Likes

The jersey on and everything!

The league quarter final in 2018 was fairly early to hit the bandwagon.

Whats the deal with Kinnerk?

Is he employed full time by JP or does he have a day job?

He’s JP’s chimney sweep

6 Likes

He’s a PE teacher.

1 Like

I would say that Kilkenny will be the neutrals choice, they’re the underdogs, Limerick are kingpins now and everybody wants a kingpin toppled

Lecturer now I think, just finished his PhD

3 Likes

No neutral would want Kilkenny to win.

Is he lecturing?
His doctoral thesis was quite specialized on a games based approach to coaching right? A pal of mine has worked with him, a very impressive guy apparently (no surprise there)

1 Like

Its a wonder hes not back with his own crowd.
Must be quite upsetting for his Saffron brothers and sisters watching on,I’d hazard a guess.
Each to their own I suppose.

Two weeks is a short time to prepare for an all Ireland final.

It doesn’t give lynch or Casey much time either. Lynch looked completely off the pace and possibly even injured.

Like the LIV golfers, crying into their huge cheques when their conscience is at them

1 Like

Nonsense, with all respect. Kilkenny would have strong support against whatever opposition, for instances, in Antrim, Down and North Kerry.

PK is a Limerick native. From Monaleen.

That statement of (extraordinary) support was made to me today by two Tipperary people. One from Glengar and one from Templemore.

Limerick are quite obviously on the slide and Kilkenny are quite obviously on the up. The question will be whether the gap has closed sufficiently for Kilkenny to win. I don’t know but Kilkenny wouldn’t be hitting the four wides in a row that Galway hit at the death to throw the game.

4 Likes

17 appearances over 24 years in All Ireland finals.
Whatever people think of him,thats a record that will never be surpassed in either code.

Personally speaking,I wouldn’t have much time for him as far as his personality goes but that record demands respect.

1 Like