Limerick v Kilkenny - All Ireland Final 2022 - The Hego final

They’d be busy looking around and soaking it in. This is all new to us*

*remembering that hurling was invented/reinvented in 2020

Hopefully ye don’t make any of the novicey mistakes that Waterford made like the bus that wouldn’t fit in the tunnel or flying up the morning of the game and the flight being cancelled because of fog.

1 Like

I hope they’re prepared for the “ Roar “ the Limericks supporters throw off.

1 Like

In fairness, when Richie Bennis’ image came up on the big screen in 2007, the roar that went up from the Limerick supporters was rattling.

Great to be in another final really enjoying the short build up to this one, real buzz around the city and county in anticipation for this meeting with Kilkenny.

3 Likes

Be some scutter out of Marty (if commentating, I’d say even if he is not) for the minute before throw in.

Marty’s opening salvo at throw-in

3 Likes

What the fuck :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Big injury news circulating around the Well this afternoon, advantage to the stripey men.

Gillane or Byrnes or red herring?

You’re playing social media senior hurling now!

1 Like

Anyone been offered tickets yet?

I got offered a pair this morning. I’d say there’ll be loads of them floating around.

The final round of the Open Golf at St Andrews a big counter-attraction for the Limerick crew.

I’d say they’ll be easy enough got. Will it even be full I wonder?

Capacity is some bit reduced as the RTE studio is in the Nally.

I’d be surprised if it breaks 75k.

Has anyone ever watched a game in the Nally? :grinning:

I’d suspect it won’t even sell out. It doesn’t seem to have caught the imagination of the public and very little neutral buy in to All Ireland Finals so early in the year. Back to the days of the late 1970’s/early 80’s (in tough economic times as well), when All Ireland Hurling Finals were well short of selling out.

It’s meant to be about 30 degrees as well on Sunday. If last Sunday in Dunmore East is anything to go by, the beach could well be a bigger draw for the Kilkenny crowd.

I wonder will jp go to the final if tiger is in contention on Sunday ?

He does a great rendition of the Fields Of Athenry