Limerick v Kilkenny - All Ireland Final 2022 - The Hego final

GAA to allow extra water carriers as temperatures rise for hurling final

Meanwhile the GAA will make a final decision on Friday about using HawkEye for the final

The GAA will allow an additional water carrier and permit water bottles to be placed around the pitch for Sunday’s All-Ireland senior hurling final.

With temperatures in Croke Park expected to reach at least 25 degrees by 3.30pm throw-in, the Central Competitions Control Committee are taking extra measures to ensure player safety.

In hurling, teams can have three water/hurley carriers but that number will increase to four for the Kilkenny-Limerick clash. However, players must come to the perimeter of the field to take water as the carriers can only enter the field of play to replace a hurley.

The counties will also be given the green light to make water bottles to be accessible in areas other than each goal mouth, the manager’s boxes and the carriers’ areas so that players can readily hydrate.

The GAA did away with water breaks in January of this year following the easing of Covid restrictions. While they didn’t rule out their return in the future, the intervals had been used by teams to pass on tactical advice to players.

Following the removal of the breaks, teams were reminded that selectors, backroom team members or players not on the match-day panel could double up as carriers. Regulation 2.9 states: “Official team personnel (Selectors/Coaches), substitutes, injured players or members of the extended panel may not act as Maoir Uisce. In the event that any injured player or a member of the extended panel act as a Maoir Uisce, any breach of rule, shall be considered as a Misconduct at Games by Team Officials infraction. Maoir Uisce are not permitted to have/use Communications devices i.e. walkie talkies."

Meanwhile, the GAA will make a final decision on Friday about using HawkEye for the final after “minor hardware failures” prompted games officials to restore Shane Walsh’s 45 point and suspend the score detection technology for the second half of last Saturday’s All-Ireland SFC semi-final between Galway and Derry.

1 Like

Advantage Limerick

The limericks are traveling its the Kilkennys aren’t arsed. Neutrals giving it a skip too it would seem and no minors. Dublin is so expensive now you wouldn’t bother as a neutral

1 Like

Just a “minor hardware failure” there causing Hawkeye to make a complete balls of the one job it has to do. A P3 issue at best, you’d wonder why the GAA are making such a song and dance about it.

A problem ticket should be raised and left in the ether until the issue reoccurs

1 Like

There’s already an acceptable workaround in place - two men with questionable eyesight in white coats at either side of the goals.

22 Likes

Good man yourself

No man brave enough to answer that question.

Huw is inclined to follow his man out and mark him tight. So you’re right. That causes a lot of space inside and a major problem.

I’d imagine Huw will pick up Gillane and the speedy corner backs will pick up the other two speed merchants.

There’s a problem if that other terminator from kildimo comes into the corner. He’ll be eating grass if he ventures in past the 45. I’d like Blanchfield to mark him but he’ll hardly start I suppose.

1 Like

More than one excuse is a lie

Butler v Gillane
Lawlor v Flanagan
Walsh v Mulcahy

I think that’s what Kilkenny will want tbh.

The Woodlands was good aul craic tonight

No excuses, if an all ireland final doesn’t sell out its a sad day. But i think people are tapped for money. I’d know a few lads who’d go every year but for the sesh, and the price of staying saturday or Sunday, its not worth it

3 Likes

Cody has this thing well figured out.

TJ inside on Mike Casey is the one that will decide it.

2 Likes

Be happy with that. Think they’ll put lawlor on gillane. Then its up to Sham Flan to do wreck. Butler is happy out the field. Gillane has destroyed better defenders than him

3 Likes

They couldn’t spot a football ffs

1 Like

If Reid goes inside Finn will pick him up, he’s cleaned him a few times. They will probably leave Reid outside to pick the pockets hannon leaves

2 Likes

I know of lads who had accommodation booked for this as early as February.

Fuck off with the poor mouth talk ffs :joy:

They’ll put some big unit on hannon. Possibly bring in Walter Walsh.

:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

3 Likes