Limerick v Kilkenny - All Ireland Final 2022 - The Hego final

Limerick 3-24 Kilkenny 18 points.

Cork could beat this Kilkenny side last year.

What would Joe Player have reckoned

Ye are a shower of cunts?

6 Likes

Kilkenny all day.

But if Limerick won he’d tell you in the Monday he always knew Limerick would win.

8 Likes

Joe Player: “fuck Limerick, they’re a bunch of handicaps”

10 Likes

On this year’s form, I think there would be more Kilkenny than Limerick players on the team.

I left it as long as I could and without getting to the day of a final when I always think we’re going to win.

Limerick are the better team. I don’t agree with their style of hurling but it works for them and good luck to them. I know too many good people from Limerick to begrudge them the upcoming win.

Right now it’s a win for Limerick. No Lynch but the standards haven’t slipped with him gone for most of this year.

We know that KK will stay going to the end. We’ll have some big performances and we’re happy just to be there.

In lieu of their win, I’ll say it’s a privilege to witness this Limerick team, we had one a few years back and you’d be nothing but proud of them. Enjoy the three in a row, drink it in and recover well over the rest of the summer.

Limerick by four points.

Ah no, dont tell me Cyril wants it delayed to September too?

Yes they have. They used to hammer everyone. Their standards have definitely slipped

I doubt standards have slipped, but of course their performances may have due to them not having a 2 time POTY on board. Lynch is an incredible player, any team would be lesser without him.

2 Likes

Limerick saved their best till last year. They’ve done the same this year.

That’s it plus it has resulted in Hayes being deployed in forwards. Limerick are so consistent, which you get with great teams. That kilkenny performance the last day came from left field, and may be even a tad overrated. Can they put in back to back performances of that standard? There is no evidence that they can. Can’t see anything but a comfortable Limerick win.

2 Likes

I think you’re spot on there. I think Limerick are bubbling nicely, they’re going to absolutely explode tomorrow. I think this could be their signature All Ireland win.

1 Like

any more all ireland final rumours lads?

Paudie Clifford fell off a surf board in Inch the other day. Rated 50/50

1 Like

Even when you dig into the Clare performance it wasn’t that good. Would Clare have gotten out of Munster without Conlon ? I doubt it.

There was two times Where Clare had very simple situations where if a play kept running and drew the defender and passed it off it was a certain goal.

They had 24 wides and something like 14 in the opening half. Limerick won’t have anything like this.

Kilkenny will have to come with a much better performance to get near Limerick tomorrow.

1 Like

If you take the Clare performance out of it, KK have shown nothing at all. In fact they’ve been extremely poor. It’s very hard to read form lines from the games, KK beat Galway & Clare well but they were both shite, Limerick struggled past both but both seemed to play much better than in their games vs KK.

Galway’s Keeper killed us with his puckouts the last day. I don’t think KK have that in their arsenal. Clare created a ridiculous amount of chances the last day, we will punish that.

This is the day this team goes from a great to one of the all time great teams. I hope they can do it. They deserve it. To do it without their best player, that would be simply phenomenal

10 Likes

Galway had 19 wides against us. Kk will punish that.

They won’t get a puck

I thought Kilkenny were impressive against Galway in the Leinster Final, and very impressive against Clare.

Even if both those teams looked poor, Kilkenny made them look bad too.